Digital Logbook

Old July 6th 15, 12:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Digital Logbook

is there any software that imports IGC files and creates a log book with the flight details - (without having to open each individual file in See You and record the info in Excel )

WH1
Old July 6th 15, 12:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Frank Paynter made a great Excel Macro that did that. It should come up if you search RAS.

CJ
Old July 6th 15, 01:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Look he
http://soaringcafe.com/2014/02/excel...for-gliders/#1

I use Open Office and I couldn't get the macros to work. Maybe with
Excel...

--
Dan Marotta

Old July 6th 15, 03:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy[_2_]

Crosscountry.aero is by far the best electronic logbook out there. You upload your igc file just like OLC and get an online flight analysis tool similar to SeeYou with logbook which extracts all the information you need to log from the igc file, including distance flown, release altitude, max altitude, takeoff and landing place, etc. all is left for you to do is enter your comments.. You can also export to excel and pdf. To get all the bells and whistles you need to buy a subscription (around $50 per year). Giving the quality and functionality of this service I am surprised it is not well known.

Ramy
Old July 6th 15, 04:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Thanks - I tried to go onto the site and seem not to be able to get on because of a SSL issue Looked at their Facebook page and it looks like what I want

Thanks for the help!

WH1
Old July 6th 15, 09:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy[_2_]

http://crosscountry.aero/
Old July 6th 15, 09:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Monday, July 6, 2015 at 8:52:35 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Thanks - I tried to go onto the site and seem not to be able to get on because of a SSL issue Looked at their Facebook page and it looks like what I want

Thanks for the help!

WH1

i also ran into that SSL issue when trying to sign up for the free trial. i was using firefox, but switching to internet explorer got past the problem.. looks like they're using weak encryption for their SSL, but it doesn't matter much because you're not submitting any top secret information. just make sure you don't use the same password that you use on other sites. always use a unique password.
Old July 6th 15, 10:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim from glidingmatamata.co.nz

I make the free logbook system http://wentflying.com/

Unfortunately no auto parsing of IGC files, but it's been on the wishlist for a while now. I should get onto it!
Old July 6th 15, 10:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

EXCELLENT!!! I opened it is Explorer and now I am all good! Thanks for the help!

I wasn't worried about the weak SSL - no secrets here lol - just didn't know how to get around it !

Thanks - Happy Flying!!

WH1

Old July 6th 15, 10:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig Funston

On Monday, July 6, 2015 at 2:08:18 PM UTC-7, wrote:
EXCELLENT!!! I opened it is Explorer and now I am all good! Thanks for the help!

I wasn't worried about the weak SSL - no secrets here lol - just didn't know how to get around it !

Thanks - Happy Flying!!

WH1

Frank's Excel macro is probably easiest to find on the Soaring Cafe site. http://soaringcafe.com/2014/02/excel...for-gliders/#1

Cheers,
Craig

digital ballasts julia joy Soaring 2 May 28th 11 04:13 AM
Digital meters 3 [email protected] Home Built 10 April 25th 06 06:30 AM
Digital OAT Jim Burns Owning 39 August 3rd 05 05:24 PM
$3 digital voltmeters Jim Weir Owning 8 January 10th 04 04:51 PM