What to do at the 2016 SSA convention, besides the conventon

Old February 5th 16, 08:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SF

Default What to do at the 2016 SSA convention, besides the conventon

The wife of one of our club members came up with this list, except for the BBQ restaurants, I added all of those. All winners here.

River Falls Spa, downtown Greenville http://www.riverfallsspa.com/
The Spa at West End https://www.westendspa.com/

Cooking lessons/event:
Charleston Cooks https://www.charlestoncooks.com/greenville/
Plate 108 http://www.plate108.com/
Greenville History Tours http://greenvillehistorytours.com/

Golf:
Verdae Greens @ Embassy Suites Greenville [public access] http://www.thepreserveatverdae.com/
Chateau Elan Winery & Resort [and golf] Braselton, GA http://www.chateauelan.com/
Furman University Golf Course http://www.furmangolfclub.com/
Willow Creek Golf Course http://www.willow-creekgolf.com/

Local and surrounding area attractions:
Biltmore House Asheville http://www.biltmore.com/
Grove Park Inn / Golf and Spa Asheville http://www.omnihotels.com/hotels/ash...grove-park/spa
Prime Outlets [Gaffney] http://www.premiumoutlets.com/index.asp
Greenville Museum of Art http://gcma.org/
Peace Center for Performing Arts http://www.peacecenter.org/about-us
Blues Boulevard Jazz [downtown Greenville] http://bluesboulevardjazzgreenville.com/
Smiley's Acoustic Cafe http://www.smileysacousticcafe.com/
Chateau Elan Winery & Resort Braselton, GA http://www.chateauelan.com/

Fine Dining Downtown:
Rick Erwins http://rickerwins.com/west-end-grille/
Nantucket http://rickerwins.com/nantucket-seafood/
Soby's http://www.sobys.com/
High Cotton http://www.hallmanagementgroup.com/h...on/greenville/
The Lazy Goat http://thelazygoat.typepad.com/
Ristorante Bergamo http://www.ristorantebergamo.com/main.html
Trattoria Giorgio http://trattoriagiorgio.net/menu.html

Other restaurants of interest:
Roost - Hyatt Downtown http://roostrestaurant.com/
Tupelo Honey Downtown http://tupelohoneycafe.com/location/greenville/
Sassafras Downtown http://www.sassafrasbistro.com/
Firebirds [and bar] http://greenville.firebirdsrestaurants.com/
Yard House [and bar] http://www.yardhouse.com/locations/sc/greenville/
Cheddars http://www.cheddars.com/
Grimaldi's Pizza http://www.grimaldispizzeria.com/
Scortino's http://www.allmenus.com/sc/greenvill...attoria-/menu/

BBQ:
Henry's http://henryssmokehouse.com/
Bucky's http://buckysbbq.com/
Charlies http://www.charliesbarbque.com/
Little Pigs http://www.littlepigsgreenville.com/

Breakfast:
Stax Omega http://www.staxs.net/StaxOmega.aspx
Tommy's Ham House http://tommyscountryhamhouse.com/

Bars:
Orb Bar, Hyatt Downtown http://greenville.hyatt.com/en/hotel...andGrille.html
Sip Rooftop Bar, Downtown http://www.highstreethospitality.com...ooftop-lounge/
Nantucket, Downtown http://rickerwins.com/nantucket-seafood/
Nosedive, Downtown http://www.thenosedive.com/
Bar Louie [Magnolia Park] http://barlouieamerica.com/locations.aspx
Trappe Door http://trappedoor.com/

Shopping downtown:
Too many boutiques and gift shops to list in downtown Greenville
Mast General Store https://www.mastgeneralstore.com/greenville
Anthropologie http://www.anthropologie.com/
Brooks Brothers http://www.brooksbrothers.com/
Cone and Coleman http://conecoleman.com/
Orvis http://www.orvis.com/greenville
Cabelas http://www.cabelas.com/stores/store_...p?pageName=051

Shopping outside of downtown:
Shops of Greenridge http://www.shopgreenridge.com/
Magnolia Park http://www.magnoliapark.com/

SF
Old February 5th 16, 10:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ND

On Friday, February 5, 2016 at 3:08:14 PM UTC-5, SF wrote:
The wife of one of our club members came up with this list, except for the BBQ restaurants, I added all of those. All winners here.

i go to greenville several times per year for work and another place of interest if you like burgers is called "grill marks". the have interesting (some would say "gourmet") hamburgers, and really good thick wedge style Parmesean and herb-crusted french fries. these aren't just down and dirty greasy burgers. they have a huge garage style door big enough for a fire truck that basically opens the whole front wall of the place to the outside when the weather is nice. i'm sure the keep it closed in cooler weather. the food is good, and not expensive. 9/10, would recommend! also, it's 11 mintues from the convention site right in downtown greenville.

http://www.grillmarks.com/

Old February 6th 16, 02:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

My wife would divorce me if I suggested she go somewhere other than the convention! ;-)

5Z

Old February 7th 16, 04:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SF

5Z, Kudos for the Spousal support, it's not a universally held position.

There are a lot of things to do in Greenville, and a lot of great local restaurants. We thought everyone could use a little help if they are interested in something on the list. Add a day in Greenville on either side of the convention.

Any of the hotels near the intersection of I-85 & Pelham Road would be a good choice if you don't want to stay at the event Hotel.

Any of the hotels in downtown Greenville would be good choices as well if you don't mind the prices they charge. Its a walking downtown once you get parked.

SF