complete UV protective glider cover for 15 m ship LS3a

Old June 6th 19, 03:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Joel Flamenbaum[_2_]

Default complete UV protective glider cover for 15 m ship LS3a

Invitation for any leads on new or used complete set of "entire glider" covers - must be UV protective as sun is very strong here.
Old June 6th 19, 09:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Stephen Struthers[_2_]

Might help if you give a clue as to glider type! or even wingspan - just
saying

Old June 6th 19, 11:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

On Wed, 05 Jun 2019 19:43:43 -0700, Joel Flamenbaum wrote:

Invitation for any leads on new or used complete set of "entire glider"
covers - must be UV protective as sun is very strong here.

I have a set of Clouddancer covers on my Std Libelle. They fit well, are
easy to use and seem quite durable. I bought them in spring 2010. I scrub
them off once a year (birds...). Sun is not so bright here (Lat 52 N,
Cambridge UK) but I tend to leave the glider rigged outside under them in
summer.

http://www.clouddancers.de/

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org
Old June 6th 19, 12:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Roy B.

I scrub
them off once a year (birds...).

Hi Martin
I also have the CloudDancer covers and got a bit of mildew on them when I put them away damp one year. Here in the US there is a product called "OxyClean" and I ran the covers through the washing machine with it and it removed all soil, mildew and restored the bright white color. Try a small component of the covers (like the tailplane cover) in the machine first.
ROY
Old June 6th 19, 01:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

On Thu, 06 Jun 2019 04:55:55 -0700, Roy B. wrote:

I scrub them off once a year (birds...).

Hi Martin I also have the CloudDancer covers and got a bit of mildew on
them when I put them away damp one year. Here in the US there is a
product called "OxyClean" and I ran the covers through the washing
machine with it and it removed all soil, mildew and restored the bright
white color. Try a small component of the covers (like the tailplane
cover) in the machine first.
ROY

Good advice, but unfortunately my horizontal drum-type washing machine is
too small to deal with anything except the fin and tailplane covers and,
given Clouddancers warnings about hot washes etc, I'm not keen to put
them through any of the local laundromats.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org
Old June 6th 19, 01:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan Foster

On Thursday, June 6, 2019 at 2:45:06 AM UTC-6, Stephen Struthers wrote:
Might help if you give a clue as to glider type! or even wingspan - just
saying

At 02:43 06 June 2019, Joel Flamenbaum wrote:
Invitation for any leads on new or used complete set of "entire glider"
covers - must be UV protective as sun is very strong here.

It was included in the message subject "complete UV protective glider cover for 15 m ship LS3a" - just saying
Old June 17th 19, 10:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Joel,
Rummaging around the barn, I came across a set of Jaxida covers (s/n 1904) that look like LS-3 covers. They are sun faded, but dry without any mold.
JJ
Old June 19th 19, 03:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Kaye

I have Clouddancer covers for the LS8 I acquired recently. They are quite new and look very nice, but I'm unconvinced about their UV protection capabilities. The registration lettering on the fuselage shows through quite clearly which tells me that visible light is penetrating to a fair degree. If UV is doing the same then leaving a glider out for long periods with them fitted would probably result in gel coat degradation.

I've had Jaxida in the past which I think are a little thicker.