cleaning mold off wing covers

Old June 10th 19, 06:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Key Dismukes

Default cleaning mold off wing covers

Does anyone have experience with best technique to clean mold off wing covers?
thanks,
KD
Old June 10th 19, 08:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Monday, June 10, 2019 at 1:47:18 PM UTC-4, Key Dismukes wrote:
Does anyone have experience with best technique to clean mold off wing covers?
thanks,
KD

1 cup bleach and 1/4 cup mild soap in 1 gallon water. Clean with a soft bristle brush or sponge. Allow to soak for up to 15 minutes. Rinse thoroughly.
Old June 10th 19, 09:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

Darn, I was hoping this thread was about cleaning covers off of wing molds.
Old June 10th 19, 10:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Roy B.

I used a product called OxyClean on my Cloudancer covers. It took the mold away and restored the bright white color. I used a standard top loading wash machine with mildly warm water and I air dried them.
ROY
Old June 10th 19, 10:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

I will say (being RAS)..... you are tongue in cheek.......
Hard to read sarcasm in words only unless you know the poster really well.....
I am making an edumacated guess here......
Old June 18th 19, 02:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Key Dismukes

On Monday, June 10, 2019 at 10:47:18 AM UTC-7, Key Dismukes wrote:
Does anyone have experience with best technique to clean mold off wing covers?
thanks,
KD

Many thanks for all the helpful suggestions. We are trying them one by one.

Key

Sailplane wing covers Bob Greenblatt Soaring 0 July 18th 07 01:51 PM
Wing Covers Pro/Cons TF Owning 15 April 6th 07 10:53 AM
Canopy and Wing Covers Reid & Julie Baldwin Owning 19 November 15th 03 01:58 AM
Wing-walk cleaning Mike Noel Owning 3 October 29th 03 01:30 AM
Tyvek material for wing covers Eric Greenwell Soaring 2 October 18th 03 04:51 AM