Eprata Wa Region 8 Practice day report

Old June 17th 19, 04:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Kennedy[_3_]

Default Eprata Wa Region 8 Practice day report

Hi All
From lovely Ephrata Wa
Yesterday was a very good task call. There were forecast to be Cu up to the north of us and then later in the day a convergence was forecast to set up North/ south north of Ephrata.
This all happened.
On my run north to Nils Corner I never got high and go to check out all the landout fields on the way up there. M1 mentioned you could fly up that way with your eyes closed and land out OK as there are soo many good looking fields.
Up near Mansfield I finally got to base and headed east into a beautiful Cu filled sky. Super Scenic. I ran to the east for quite a ways and then turned around to the west under these same awesome Cu's to Mansfield where this convergence had set up south towards Ephrata. Ran the last 40 mile at 130 knots and had a good finish, but only good enough for 4th. Tough crowd here in the Sports Class. The scores should be up soon on the SSA site.
Today looks good again with maybe some overdevelopment, we will see.