Big Kahunas

Old November 28th 03, 06:47 PM
Bob Noel

In article KOJxb.336495$Tr4.1011479@attbi_s03, "Jay Honeck"
wrote:

Say what you will about GW --

Surprise! you got the kneejerk reactions for the usual suspects...

Look, Bob, I'm not happy with the job Bush has done in many respects. I
may
not even vote for him next year. (*gasp!*)

Aside from politics, however, my point was to say that GW has done
several
good things lately. Spending Thanksgiving in a war zone, with the men
and
women he has ordered into harm's way, is one of them.

Your blind hatred for the man is clouding your judgment.

what the heck are you talking about?

--
Bob Noel
Old November 28th 03, 07:00 PM
Peter Duniho

"Bob Noel" wrote in message
what the heck are you talking about?

He thinks you're yelling at him, not us.

Old November 28th 03, 07:00 PM
Jay Honeck

what the heck are you talking about?

Hey, you'll get nowhere with me, imitating my wife! :-)

I take it I misinterpreted your comment?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old November 28th 03, 07:10 PM
R. Hubbell

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 03:19:10 GMT
"Jay Honeck" wrote:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?J63F258A6

Say what you will about GW -- he's got big kahunas flying into Iraq to spend
Turkey Day with the troops...

Sounds like even his parents didn't know about it until he didn't show up in
Kennebunkport!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

No man it's cojones, I can't make the connection why you think flying into
Iraq means he has big cojones. Big cojones would have meant announcing to the
world that you were spending Thanksgiving with the troops in Iraq. Flying in
for 2 hours, unannounced, is not an act of bravery. It's really just a
political stunt. Apparently it's working.

R. Hubbell
Old November 28th 03, 07:29 PM
R. Hubbell

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 07:16:07 GMT

On 2003-11-27 19:19:10 -0800, "Jay Honeck" said:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?J63F258A6

Say what you will about GW -- he's got big kahunas flying into Iraq to spend
Turkey Day with the troops...

Actually, GW *is* the Big Kahuna. The word you're likely looking for is "cojones".
So what you would be referring to, then, are the Kahuna's cojones.

Actaully he's a Big Chickenhawk.

Chickenhawk n. A person enthusiastic about war, provided someone else fights
it; particularly when that enthusiasm is undimmed by personal experience with
war; most emphatically when that lack of experience came in spite of ample
opportunity in that person's youth.

R. Hubbell
Old November 28th 03, 07:46 PM
Bob Noel

In article vXMxb.336284$HS4.2872491@attbi_s01, "Jay Honeck"
wrote:

what the heck are you talking about?

Hey, you'll get nowhere with me, imitating my wife! :-)

I'm quite sure...

I take it I misinterpreted your comment?

that would qualify as an understatement.

--
Bob Noel
Old November 28th 03, 07:48 PM
Matthew P. Cummings

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 09:57:56 +0100, Martin Hotze wrote:

And still he finds young boys and girls in funny clothes cheering to him just
like to a popstar (I wonder if they cheered by order). And how proud they where
when they got the chance to shake his hand ...

Don't you know how it works? Here's the scoop.

Imagine your audience, the speaker is in front of them, and behind the
speaker is the guy with the outlawed machine gun pointed at the croud, and
behind that guy is the guy with the sign that says applause...

Get the picture now?

Nobody likes him, everybody in the entire world hates him. The only way
he can get applause is to threaten to invade their homes and take their
women. So we applaud every chance we get, big crowds. Some countries
made a mistake and forgot, now see what happens? Ever notice you don't
see any women on TV there? Know why? They're all gone... If he visits
your country you'd do well to remember this fact or you might wake up and
wonder where your mother went?

If you had an ounce of sense you'd realize that everybody has supporters,
even Hitler had those who believed in him, and some still idolize him to
this day and work to further his cause.

Old November 28th 03, 08:00 PM
Ben Smith

Imagine your audience, the speaker is in front of them, and behind the
speaker is the guy with the outlawed machine gun pointed at the croud, and
behind that guy is the guy with the sign that says applause...

LOL - That reminded me of a scene from the 80's sci-fi movie - V: The Final
Battle.

--
Ben
C-172 - N13258 @ 87Y

Old November 28th 03, 08:04 PM
Matthew P. Cummings

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 15:26:34 +0000, Jay Honeck wrote:

Aside from politics, however, my point was to say that GW has done several
good things lately. Spending Thanksgiving in a war zone, with the men and
women he has ordered into harm's way, is one of them.

I agree it's a good thing, even though I'm sure he was pretty safe he was
most likely in more danger than he would have been over here.

I think what Bob was saying is that the normal Pres. Bush haters (who
would think if he abdicated he did the wrong thing, just because he did
it) said what they always do. You can count on for 100% certain people to
post negative comments about anything he does, and they did so. Some of
them don't even live in our country...

Jay, when are you ever going to learn, you can't post 2 things in the
aviation groups? Religion and politics.

So here's a short guide for you.

If your Mom's church group cooked turkey dinner for the homeless you post
it like this.

Mom's social club cooked dinner for some people last night...

If you voted for a Rep. and you have to post it, do it like this;

I voted last night, but I think I might have voted for the wrong person due
to the confusing ballot, do you think my rights were violated?

Old November 28th 03, 08:25 PM
David Dyer-Bennet

Martin Hotze writes:

"Jay Honeck" wrote:

Sounds like even his parents didn't know about it until he didn't show up in
Kennebunkport!

Do you tell your parents when you fly to a brunch? Hell, it is his goddamn job.
You elected (well, somehow) him to do this job. Don't you expect your president
doing things like that?

I most certainly *do* tell my parents (just mother, these days) if I'm
not going to show up at a family gathering at the expected time!

And I most certainly did *not* elect him to do this job; I voted
against him, my state *went* against him, and I'm not a member of the
supreme court.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, , www.dd-b.net/dd-b/
RKBA: noguns-nomoney.com www.dd-b.net/carry/