Alby Enroute 5/10/09

Old May 10th 09, 07:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
CindyB

Default Alby Enroute 5/10/09

Alby is launching again in a few minutes.

Another attempt to go to Jean. Today looks reasonably promising, with
thermal style lift.
Who knows which route the pilot will attempt? North and then east?
Through the Trona Gap?

Hard to say at the moment.
Only thing that is assured is that Alby will soar, and Cindy will
drive.
follow the Alby spot at
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...CFaMa4qiXy uF

After a new student solo, launching private owners, etc, I might
get back to report an update....

Cindy
www.caracolesoaring.com
Old May 10th 09, 08:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tuno

Go Alby!

Who's the Alby Pilot this leg? The XCSkies page shows he should have a
pretty good day, especially if he stays north.

Looking forward to seeing Alby in Arizona and hopefully taking him on
the leg out.

~ted/2NO
Old May 10th 09, 09:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
CindyB

On May 10, 12:56*pm, Tuno wrote:
Go Alby!

Who's the Alby Pilot this leg? The XCSkies page shows he should have a
pretty good day, especially if he stays north.

Looking forward to seeing Alby in Arizona and hopefully taking him on
the leg out.

~ted/2NO

Marty Eiler got a second whack at it today.
Three other guys had the offer, go and have crew, and they
declined the chance. We are doing our best to foist Alby off on the
next
site to further the adventure.

Cindy

Old May 11th 09, 12:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tuno

Looks like Marty is on final glide to Jean. Congrats Marty, looking
forward to seeing the flight on OLC!

2NO
Old May 11th 09, 12:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
CindyB

On May 10, 4:04*pm, Tuno wrote:
Looks like Marty is on final glide to Jean. Congrats Marty, looking
forward to seeing the flight on OLC!

2NO

The last radio report to me was 15,000 MSL in Death Valley with mild
wave lift.

The student here made a nice 45 minute soaring first solo.
The last private owner is on final glide to here, to derig and pay,
then I am hooked up for departure to Jean!!

What a LOVELY way to have the weekend work out.
I wonder what show would be fun at midnight in Vegas?
And "the Albatross" is now off my neck .... after the photos
and story get posted to the Alby page, maybe Tuesday.
Quite a travelogue of pictures to come along.

Fly safely,

Cindy B
www.caracolesoaring.com
Old May 11th 09, 01:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

On May 10, 4:41*pm, CindyB wrote:
On May 10, 4:04*pm, Tuno wrote:

Looks like Marty is on final glide to Jean. Congrats Marty, looking
forward to seeing the flight on OLC!

2NO

The last radio report to me was 15,000 MSL in Death Valley with mild
wave lift.

The student here made a nice 45 minute soaring first solo.
The last private owner is on final glide to here, to derig and pay,
then I am hooked up for departure to Jean!!

What a LOVELY way to have the weekend work out.
I wonder what show would be fun at midnight in Vegas?
And "the Albatross" is now off my neck .... after the photos
and story get posted to the Alby page, maybe Tuesday.
Quite a travelogue of pictures to come along.

Fly safely,

Cindy Bwww.caracolesoaring.com

Cindy

Thanks for sharing. I hope future flights also get announced on r.a.s
so we can follow along. And thanks to Sergio Colacevich for starting
Alby on her voyage.

Darryl
Old May 11th 09, 05:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BT

Jay has posted some pictures at www.lvvsa.org of Marty's arrival.
Check the "POTW" Pictures of the Week" links.

Bill

Old May 11th 09, 05:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On May 10, 4:41*pm, CindyB wrote:
On May 10, 4:04*pm, Tuno wrote:

Looks like Marty is on final glide to Jean. Congrats Marty, looking
forward to seeing the flight on OLC!

2NO

The last radio report to me was 15,000 MSL in Death Valley with mild
wave lift.

The student here made a nice 45 minute soaring first solo.
The last private owner is on final glide to here, to derig and pay,
then I am hooked up for departure to Jean!!

Hey! Congrats to Marty! I recommend either Cirque dul Soleil's "O" or
Blue Man Group for Vegas show madness.
Have a safe retrieve,
Joel