Why Pilots of America rocks...

Old September 7th 08, 06:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike[_22_]

Default Why Pilots of America rocks...

"Lonnie" @_#~#@.^net wrote in message

"Peter Dohm" wrote in message
. ..

That sounds like the start of a "Live forever" joke -- it's not
forever, it just seems that way in OK. But an OK friend had a nice
comeback. "Why do all the trees in OK lean toward Texas?"

"Texas sucks".

I admit it. I laughed. Now I'm ashamed!

If it wasn't for Oklahoma truckers and Mexican whores, there would never
have been a Texas.

Ah, come on. Everyone knows Okies only marry their sisters and first
cousins.

Old September 7th 08, 08:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Lonnie[_3_]

"Mike" wrote in message

Ah, come on. Everyone knows Okies only marry their sisters and first
cousins.

Just shows your ignorance about folklore is second only to your ignorance
about flying.

Old September 7th 08, 08:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Rich Ahrens[_2_]

Default PING: Alexa Why Pilots of America rocks...

on 9/7/2008 9:41 AM Lonnie said the following:
"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
Sounds vaguely familiar. I think I may have come across her before. the
aviation groups were heavily infested with conspirawhackos after 9-11.

Bertie

Bull****. We didn't have them or you either.

As usual you're wrong. Alt.disasters.aviation was loaded with
conspirowhackos starting almost immediately, for instance. A number of
us were debunking them constantly for a couple years at least. Paul
Gooding and John Mazor were particularly active at it. And Bertie has
been posting in aviation groups since 1998, as a simple Google search
will turn up. He even posted in RAP on 9/11:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...a?dmode=source

That was 9/11/2001 in the U.S., since I'm sure you'll jump on the
timestamp. It's GMT.
Old September 7th 08, 09:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Maynard

On 2008-09-07, Rich Ahrens wrote:
And Bertie has been posting in aviation groups since 1998, as a simple
Google search will turn up. He even posted in RAP on 9/11:

Has he been a flaming asshole troll for that long, or did he just go over
the edge recently? (And no, I'm not about to dredge up that sewer on my
own.)
--
Jay Maynard, K5ZC http://www.conmicro.com
Fairmont, MN (FRM) (Yes, that's me!)
Old September 7th 08, 09:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Rich Ahrens[_2_]

On 2008-09-07, Rich Ahrens wrote:
And Bertie has been posting in aviation groups since 1998, as a simple
Google search will turn up. He even posted in RAP on 9/11:

Has he been a flaming asshole troll for that long, or did he just go over
the edge recently? (And no, I'm not about to dredge up that sewer on my
own.)

A false dichotomy that I'm not going to bite on. Besides, Maxie would
insist I was defending him either way, but I'm simply presenting facts.
Old September 7th 08, 09:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Maynard

On 2008-09-07, Rich Ahrens wrote:
And Bertie has been posting in aviation groups since 1998, as a simple
Google search will turn up. He even posted in RAP on 9/11:

Has he been a flaming asshole troll for that long, or did he just go over
the edge recently? (And no, I'm not about to dredge up that sewer on my
own.)

A false dichotomy that I'm not going to bite on. Besides, Maxie would
insist I was defending him either way, but I'm simply presenting facts.

Rich, my dim recollection from my previous time as a member of the
rec.aviation community was that you were, like a lot of other folks, calm,
rational, and knowledgeable. When I got away from flying, I got away from
rec.aviation. When I got back into flying, I got back in here, only to find
that the group is full of people like Mxsmanic and Bertie, each working to
destroy the sense of community and mutual assistance by being as trollish,
or as much a flaming asshole, as possible, and the few who were still trying
to be helpful (such as Jay Honeck) being ruthlessly driven away. Imagine my
surprise to discover you defending Bertie, one of the worst, and repeatedly
slamming Jay Honeck, one of the better of those remaining.

I still have my "rec.aviation: Global Hangar Flying" patch, somewhere. It
doesn't apply any more. If we had this kind of hangar flying, we could sell
tickets and market it on pay-per-view to the unlimited fighting fans.

Bertie's one of the primary causes of the hangar getting burned to the
ground. For you to defend him as you do merely sullies your own reputation.
Old September 7th 08, 10:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike[_22_]

"Lonnie" @_#~#@.^net wrote in message

"Mike" wrote in message

Ah, come on. Everyone knows Okies only marry their sisters and first
cousins.

Just shows your ignorance about folklore is second only to your ignorance
about flying.

....sez the 12 yr old flight sim "pilot".

It's not my fault your family tree is a wreath, Okie. Stop blaming others
for your faults.

This might help you out:

http://www.apa.org/journals/features/psp7761121.pdf

Old September 7th 08, 10:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Rich Ahrens[_2_]

on 9/7/2008 1:49 PM Jay Maynard said the following:
Bertie's one of the primary causes of the hangar getting burned to the
ground. For you to defend him as you do merely sullies your own reputation.

First off, I'm not defending him. He's quite capable of doing so himself
if he chooses. Holding the same opinion as someone some of the time
(e.g., Maxie is an idiot) is not defending that person. Neither is
conversing with him. Or correcting factual errors about past history.
The fact that you cannot tell the difference places your judgment in
question.

I would turn it around and suggest that for you to praise Jay only
sullies your own reputation. He's a reactionary, self-promoting asshole,
and I stepped away from here for a good while because of the constant
pollution of his political crap.

However, no one is driving Jay away. He's merely running away because he
can't stand not being in control and having people disagree with him. He
can't even just ignore criticism or disagreement. He has to have it
squelched completely, or he'll take his ball and go home. Well, good
riddance.
Old September 7th 08, 10:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

On 2008-09-07, Rich Ahrens wrote:
And Bertie has been posting in aviation groups since 1998, as a
simple Google search will turn up. He even posted in RAP on 9/11:

Has he been a flaming asshole troll for that long, or did he just go
over the edge recently? (And no, I'm not about to dredge up that
sewer on my own.)

A false dichotomy

Well ... Jay did not use a dichotomy - that I can see. Rather, his question
made a presumption: that Bertie is a flaming asshole. The question was when
did he become one. The distant past and the recent past are not normally
considered dichotomous - merely a subjective matter.

An answer to Jay's question doesn't appear to yield anything useful,
though. At least not that I can see.
Old September 7th 08, 11:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Lonnie[_3_]

"Mike" wrote in message

http://www.apa.org/journals/features/psp7761121.pdf

Interesting document Mikey Mouth.

Is that required reading where you are institutionalized, or are you just
trying to understand Bertie?

It would really make someone wonder how you came to be associated with such
a study.

Pilots/Aerial Photographers in South America terrygeosearch General Aviation 3 February 1st 05 02:53 PM
Pilots/Aerial Photographers in South America terrygeosearch Piloting 2 February 1st 05 09:21 AM
it rocks! caroline Piloting 0 September 18th 04 03:14 AM
Drunk America West pilots cannot be prosecuted Neil Gould Piloting 21 August 10th 03 07:41 PM
Demolition Dick Dot Com Rocks!!! BEEPER708 Products 1 August 9th 03 11:29 AM