Plane & car collide NTSB prilim

Old September 16th 08, 12:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Plane & car collide NTSB prilim

The NTSB preliminary report is out: LAX08LA266 for N3156B

Though we'll probably never know, my wild guess from the description
and the fact that his last medical was in 1997 is that he opted for
one last ride while he was still able to get in the airplane.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old September 16th 08, 02:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
BT

That seems like a rather ... but excuse me... STUPID statement to make..
If my research is correct.. the Titan Tornado qualifies as a Light Sport
Aircraft and a current medical would not be required.

Any Pilot of Any Rating level can fly a LSA without a valid medical as long
as he has not applied for and been denied a medical.

BT

Old September 16th 08, 02:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

wrote in message
The NTSB preliminary report is out: LAX08LA266 for N3156B

Though we'll probably never know, my wild guess from the description
and the fact that his last medical was in 1997 is that he opted for
one last ride while he was still able to get in the airplane.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.

Point missed entirely.

If the last medical was in 1997, and there is no reason to not take a
medical other than the fear of failure, do you imagine the person's health
has improved in those 11 years?

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old September 16th 08, 02:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Vaughn Simon

"BT" wrote in message
Any Pilot of Any Rating level can fly a LSA without a valid medical as long as
he has not applied for and been denied a medical.

No so. 61.23(c)(1), 61.23(c)(2)(i), and especially 61.23(c)(2)(iv).

Vaughn

Old September 16th 08, 03:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mick[_2_]

wrote in message
news

OK, wild ass guess number 2.

His health was just fine, but he lost everything in the stock market.

How many plausible reasons can you come up with for someone flying
along with freeway traffic then turning against it and flying 3 feet
off the ground?

When he saw that Bertie had returned, it was just more than he could take.

Old September 16th 08, 03:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usent.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Mick" @_#`~#@.^net wrote in :

wrote in message
news

OK, wild ass guess number 2.

His health was just fine, but he lost everything in the stock market.

How many plausible reasons can you come up with for someone flying
along with freeway traffic then turning against it and flying 3 feet
off the ground?

When he saw that Bertie had returned, it was just more than he could
take.

Ah. Power. Good thing i use it judiciously, eh?

Bertie
Old September 16th 08, 06:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
BT

so what's your point.. if he let his last Class3 expire and never
reapplied.. 61.23(c)(2)(iv) does not apply.
and as far as 61.23(c)(2)(i), how do you know if there were any restrictions
on his drivers license and he was not in compliance..
and as far as 61.23(c)(1).. are you saying he did not have a drivers
license?

So I take it that your point is... that he had to at least hold a valid
drivers license to fly the LSA.
Point taken

BT