Oudie / EW Microrecorder

Old February 28th 12, 02:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Cats

Default Oudie / EW Microrecorder

Can the Oudie declare direct to the EW? I know SoaringPilot can!
Old February 28th 12, 05:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Max Kellermann

Cats wrote:
Can the Oudie declare direct to the EW? I know SoaringPilot can!

Yes, if you run XCSoar on your Oudie.
Old February 28th 12, 05:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

On Feb 28, 10:35*am, Max Kellermann wrote:
Cats wrote:
Can the Oudie declare direct to the EW? *I know SoaringPilot can!

Yes, if you run XCSoar on your Oudie.

or just use the Oudie out of the box running SeeYou Mobile and you can
(or at least my club-mate can) send declarations to the EW as well.
No computer hacking skills, or nunchuck skills, required.
Old February 28th 12, 05:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

"Cats" wrote in message
Can the Oudie declare direct to the EW? I know SoaringPilot can!

Yes. In SeeYou Mobile you go to the Task Edit screen and hit the "Upload"
button. It is very simple and works great. I have tested it myself.

However, I should warn you that you should NOT connect the Oudie's
power/data cable directly to the EW microRecorder. The RJ45 connector on
the Oudie's power/data cable's RJ45 connector is wired for connection to an
"IGC Standard" devices like Volksloggers and FLARM units. I have received a
few e-mails from frustrated customers that made the bad assumption that
since the connector fit in the hole, it should work. They damaged their EW
microRecorders. An adapter cable should be used.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old February 28th 12, 06:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Cats

On Feb 28, 4:59*pm, "Paul Remde" wrote:
"Cats" wrote in message

Can the Oudie declare direct to the EW? *I know SoaringPilot can!

Yes. *In SeeYou Mobile you go to the Task Edit screen and hit the "Upload"
button. *It is very simple and works great. *I have tested it myself.

However, I should warn you that you should NOT connect the Oudie's
power/data cable directly to the EW microRecorder. *The RJ45 connector on
the Oudie's power/data cable's RJ45 connector *is wired for connection to an
"IGC Standard" devices like Volksloggers and FLARM units. *I have received a
few e-mails from frustrated customers that made the bad assumption that
since the connector fit in the hole, it should work. *They damaged their EW
microRecorders. *An adapter cable should be used.

Thanks for the confirmation (I couldn't find mention of it in the
documentation), and yes, I am aware that the MicroRecorder doesn't use
the IGC standard pin-out for an RJ45. I have no idea why not - if it
predates the standard or the designer thought two different pin-outs
on the same plug was a good idea...