LK8000 v2.0 released today

Old January 15th 11, 04:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
PCool

Default LK8000 v2.0 released today

I am pleased to announce that the opensource and free software LK8000 v.2.0 was released today.
It is now translated into 14 languages.

paolo

Old January 15th 11, 06:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

On Jan 15, 10:03*am, "PCool" wrote:
I am pleased to announce that the opensource and free software LK8000 v.2..0 *was released today.
It is now translated into 14 languages.

paolo

Just curious, can LK8000 run on an Oudie?

Kirk
66
Old January 15th 11, 06:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SoaringXCellence

Yes, if you can boot off the SD card. The OS (Windows CE) is supported.
Old January 15th 11, 07:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
mike

On Jan 15, 9:03*am, "PCool" wrote:
I am pleased to announce that the opensource and free software LK8000 v.2..0 *was released today.
It is now translated into 14 languages.

paolo

Very nice Paolo. Thank you for your great effort.
Old January 15th 11, 08:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
tstock

On Jan 15, 2:59*pm, mike wrote:
On Jan 15, 9:03*am, "PCool" wrote:

I am pleased to announce that the opensource and free software LK8000 v..2.0 *was released today.
It is now translated into 14 languages.

paolo

Very nice Paolo. Thank you for your great effort.

I have been using this for awhile on an old nokia navigator, but I
need something with better battery life, and USB for condor. Anyone
have any suggestions?

Thanks
Old January 17th 11, 06:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
tstock

You will find additional info about the M400 and various other PNA
tested with LK8000 on the forum atwww.postfrontal.com

For the USB cable to use with Condor, I am using one from IMI that has
an RS232 inline converter. I believe Cumulus Soaring or WingandWheels
will have something similar. It is really handy to have the PNA
connected to Condor to familiarize yourself with the features of
LK8000.

Thanks for the info. I had been looking at the Mio earlier and was
considering buying it just for LK8000. I did just order one from ebay
after you posted, and then discovered that it only has 128MB internal
storage and no SDCARD slot.

Has this been a problem at all for you? Also, how do you find battery
life?

I am hoping this is better than my Nokia. The Nokia runs ok but it is
a little slow, and the screen is hard to read in sunlight. The touch
screen is also very inaccurate on the Nokia.

Thanks
Tom
Old January 17th 11, 08:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike[_8_]

On Jan 17, 11:25*am, tstock wrote:
[...]

The M400 works fine. No SD card needed, but you will need external
battery power for flights over 2 hours. If you have purchased a used
one, you will probably need to replace the battery.
Old January 17th 11, 09:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bastoune

On Jan 17, 2:11*pm, Mike wrote:
[...]

one, you will probably need to replace the battery.- Hide quoted text -

I will second that. A new 750ma battery ($12) is a good idea if the
device has been a bit of service.
Old January 17th 11, 09:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_5_]

On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 10:25:34 -0800, tstock wrote:

Thanks for the info. I had been looking at the Mio earlier and was
considering buying it just for LK8000. I did just order one from ebay
after you posted, and then discovered that it only has 128MB internal
storage and no SDCARD slot.

LK8000 2.0a occupies 30 MB on my SD card.

This includes airspace, maps and turnpoints for the entire UK. I unzipped
the 2.0 release onto the card and did not remove any of the non-PNA
binaries, so its unlikely that any installation will be much bigger.

Its looking good: I can't wait to fly with it.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK
Old January 17th 11, 09:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
tstock

The M400 works fine. No SD card needed, but you will need external
battery power for flights over 2 hours. If you have purchased a used
one, you will probably need to replace the battery.- Hide quoted text -

I will second that. A new 750ma battery ($12) is a good idea if the
device has been a bit of service.

I purchased a new one, but then purchased the cord by Vladimir to run
the MIO from external 12V source, as well as to connect via RS232 to
Flarm (as well as Condor, etc, to get used to it).

I've heard of a few people using a 4AA battery box with a USB charging
plug on it to run these things for many hours. Have you tried this?

That will probably be the easiest solution for a rental glider in
which I will be flying all day. Just replace the AA's before the
flight.

Thanks
Tom

iPAQ-310-LK8000-wind calculation Brad[_2_] Soaring 6 September 7th 10 11:05 PM
The LK8000 copyright issue is solved Max Kellermann Soaring 5 September 7th 10 06:50 PM
LK8000 questions Andy[_1_] Soaring 9 March 15th 10 11:10 AM
New LK8000 glide computer video PCool Soaring 6 October 12th 09 06:19 PM
T-37 PCATD released JD Simulators 0 October 6th 03 08:51 PM