Sisu Polar Data?

Old February 2nd 11, 10:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default Sisu Polar Data?

Hi,

I have a customer that is looking for polar data for a Sisu to enter into a
Cambridge 302. We can't seem to find anything. Does anyone know of a
source for that data?

Best Regards,

--
Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old February 2nd 11, 10:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

On Feb 2, 3:12*pm, "Paul Remde" wrote:
Hi,

I have a customer that is looking for polar data for a Sisu to enter into a
Cambridge 302. *We can't seem to find anything. *Does anyone know of a
source for that data?

Best Regards,

--
Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

paul,

not exactly what you are looking for but the data may be able to be
backed out of the graph on page 11 of the sept. 1964 Soaring.

and also Paul Bikle's article "Flight Test Performance Summary" has a
polar for the Sisu 1 and 1A. Page 30 of the Feb. 1971 Soaring. By the
way that edition also has a fantastic story about a low altitude cross
country flight in a Cherokee II.
Old February 2nd 11, 10:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
sisu1a

I have a customer that is looking for polar data for a Sisu to enter into a
Cambridge 302. *We can't seem to find anything. *Does anyone know of a

Sisu, or Sisu 1A? Different polars... Johnson's polars for the Sisu
are available, and I think I have copies of the relevant pages from
the MSU Raspet FRL report they did using 102, Al Parker's ship now in
the Smithsonian. If not I have plenty of other data to draw from later
if still needed.

-Paul
Old February 2nd 11, 10:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Hans Disma

Hi Paul,

I owned a SISU for quite some time and I do have a polar.
The polar was published in the brochure.

Best regards,

Hans Disma

"Paul Remde" schreef in bericht

Old February 2nd 11, 11:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike[_8_]

On Feb 2, 2:12*pm, "Paul Remde" wrote:
Hi,

I have a customer that is looking for polar data for a Sisu to enter into a
Cambridge 302. *We can't seem to find anything. *Does anyone know of a
source for that data?

Best Regards,

--
Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

I once asked a friend, who owned a Sisu, how it performed, and he said
about the same as a 201 Libelle.

Mike
Old February 5th 11, 12:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Paul,

I have asked the customer and he says he has a Sisu 1A. Any help finding a
good polar would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde

Old February 5th 11, 02:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
sisu1a

I have asked the customer and he says he has a Sisu 1A. *Any help finding a
good polar would be greatly appreciated.

Just dug through my bag of goodies and found the MSU Sisu 1A
(measured!) polar I was talking about. I have scanned it and PM'd you
a copy. I have a lot lot lot of information your customer will be
interested in and you should pass my email to him/her. I still own
101, it's just banged up pretty good. I believe I have the largest
private accumulation of ephemera on the subject, down to copies of Len
Niemi's security clearance background check paperwork! I visited with
Len's daughter for a day a few years back, and we spent the whole time
digging through boxes of paperwork, pictures, family albums. Oh the
things I saw! Luckily she let me make copies of some of the stuff,
as its real gold to me... like a complete copy of his notes from his
slide presentation on the Sisu he did in 1985 at the SSA convention as
the keynote speaker, and the letter Bruce Carmicheal sent him inviting
him to do so!

-Paul

Discus 2b polar data needed nyffeler Soaring 0 May 22nd 06 08:48 AM
Winpilot Polar Data for LS8-18 Jürgen Becker Soaring 3 August 12th 05 12:23 PM
Polar Data Page Paul Remde Soaring 0 August 3rd 05 05:47 PM
WinPilot polar file data points [email protected] Soaring 0 April 21st 05 03:18 AM
HP-11/Sisu Polar [email protected] Soaring 7 February 17th 05 11:46 PM