How do I download flight trace with Erixx GPS recorder?

Old May 31st 12, 02:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Scott Alexander[_2_]

Default How do I download flight trace with Erixx GPS recorder?

Anybody familiar with this brand? The methods I'm trying are not
working

Thanks,
SA
Old May 31st 12, 03:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Max Kellermann

Scott Alexander wrote:
Anybody familiar with this brand? The methods I'm trying are not
working

XCSoar can download flights from IMI ERIXX. Thankfully, IMI donated
one device to us XCSoar developers for driver development.

Max
Old May 31st 12, 03:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Taylor

On May 31, 7:39*am, Scott Alexander
wrote:
Anybody familiar with this brand? *The methods I'm trying are not
working

Thanks,
SA

Scott,

You need to provide details for the methods you have tried. We will
assume you have used all the correct software, baud rates and loaded
the correct drivers on your Computer or PDA. Also what you are seeing/
hearing on connection will be helpful in diagnosing the problem. Are
you getting the correct beeps when connected?
Old May 31st 12, 03:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Scott Alexander[_2_]

I used Glide Navigator 2 for the entire flight. It worked great. When
I finished the flight, I pressed "quit program" and then for some
reason it did not ask "do you want to transfer your flight log" like
it has with before with a Cambridge model 10.

XCSoar is downloaded on the PDA as well, but I cannot figure out how
to download the flight trace with it. I also ran a USB cable from the
GPS to my laptop to see if it could be done that way and the laptop
would not recognize the GPS (despite the fact that when I plugged in
the cable from the laptop it provided power to the GPs and turned the
green light on.)

Any thoughts?
Old May 31st 12, 04:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Taylor

On May 31, 8:40*am, Scott Alexander
wrote:
I used Glide Navigator 2 for the entire flight. It worked great. When
I finished the flight, I pressed "quit program" and then for some
reason it did not ask "do you want to transfer your flight log" like
it has with before with a Cambridge model 10.

XCSoar is downloaded on the PDA as well, but I cannot figure out how
to download the flight trace with it. *I also ran a USB cable from the
GPS to my laptop to see if it could be done that way and the laptop
would not recognize the GPS (despite the fact that when I plugged in
the cable from the laptop it provided power to the GPs and turned the
green light on.)

Any thoughts?

Any logger will need specific drivers and software. If you have the
latest version of XCSoar then there should be a download function with
specific settings for the logger. Max will be better at helping with
that.

For the PC you will need to download drivers and the software from:

http://www.imi-gliding.com/index.php...t&id=4&lang=en

Then you can download the files.
Old May 31st 12, 06:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Cats

On May 31, 4:52*pm, Tim Taylor wrote:
snip

Any logger will need specific drivers and software.

snip

Not necessarily true. The Ew MicroRecorder plugs in with a standard
USB cable and automatically appears as a removeable HDD in 'My
Computer' - at least it does on Windows PCs, unless they have an ark-
ware version. The same is true of the Nano, but not of the Erixx.
Old June 1st 12, 12:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Mara

Did you use the software that comes with the logger? it's really one of the
simplest loggers to download with USB cable supplied and the software..or
are you trying to display the flight ? even simpler if you have seeyou or
any flight review software.call me and I can walk you through in a few
minutes, My # is on my website www.wingsandwheels.com
tim

Old June 1st 12, 07:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wojciech Scigala

Użytkownik Scott Alexander napisał:

Anybody familiar with this brand? The methods I'm trying are not
working

The easiest method is to use SeeYou and connect to IMI via RJ45 cable
(FAI-standard RJ45, same as Volkslogger).

--
WojtuÅ›