Missing a/c Airworthiness and Registration?

Old August 7th 05, 06:23 PM
Michael Horowitz

Default Missing a/c Airworthiness and Registration?

I looked at a Taylorcraft today and it was missing both an
Airworthiness Certificate and Registration.

If I elect to purchase the a/c, how difficult is it going to be to get
a new Certificate and Registration? - Mike

Old August 7th 05, 06:56 PM
John Kunkel

"Michael Horowitz" wrote in message
I looked at a Taylorcraft today and it was missing both an
Airworthiness Certificate and Registration.

If I elect to purchase the a/c, how difficult is it going to be to get
a new Certificate and Registration? - Mike

If the original airframe logbook is available, take it and a bill of sale
from the current registered owner to any FSDO and they will issue a new AW
certificate and start the paperwork for registration.

Old August 7th 05, 09:46 PM
Michael Horowitz

Ahh - you're thinking that even if the latest log is missing, if the
earlier logs show a pattern of good maintenance, then it probably
continued. - Mike

"RST Engineering" wrote:

Are the logbooks missing also, and if not, do they show a pattern of
maintenance?

Jim

.. .

Old August 7th 05, 10:23 PM
RST Engineering

Noooo...I was thinking that if you had a paper trail back to the day that
the airplane left the factory, then there wouldn't be much of a question
about its airworthiness and hence a certificate.

Old August 8th 05, 02:00 AM
Cy Galley

You can Call or write FAA registration
FAA Registrations
P.O. Box 25504
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73125-0504

or telephone at (405) 954-3116

They can supply a CD for the serial ore number.

--
Cy Galley - Bellanca Champion Club
Newsletter Editor-in-Chief & EAA TC

"RST Engineering" wrote:

Are the logbooks missing also, and if not, do they show a pattern of
maintenance?

Jim

. ..

Old August 8th 05, 03:23 AM
Morgans

"Cy Galley" wrote

They can supply a CD for the serial ore number.

??????????????????????????????????????

One more time, for those of us who have no idea of what you are talking
about.

"whazat?" Serial ore number? What is the CD for?

Thanks for helping idiots like me learn something new.
--
Jim in NC

Old August 8th 05, 04:01 PM
Rick Beebe

Morgans wrote:
"Cy Galley" wrote

They can supply a CD for the serial ore number.

??????????????????????????????????????

One more time, for those of us who have no idea of what you are talking
about.

"whazat?" Serial ore number? What is the CD for?

Thanks for helping idiots like me learn something new.

For $5 the FAA will send you a CD with scanned copies of all the records
it has for any plane. You give them the serial or N-number (which is
what I think the above meant). http://registry.faa.gov/aircraft.asp then
click "online request for aircraft records."

As John said, though, Michael has to talk to his local FSDO about
replacement of the Airworthiness certificate. Info he

http://www.faa.gov/fsdo/PHL/AWCERT.htm

--Rick
Old August 8th 05, 04:39 PM
OtisWinslow

I had this situation once on an aircraft I bought. Took the logs to
the FSDO and they looked it up and made me another A/C on
the spot.

Old August 8th 05, 08:26 PM
John Kunkel

"Michael Horowitz" wrote in message
Ahh - you're thinking that even if the latest log is missing, if the
earlier logs show a pattern of good maintenance, then it probably
continued. - Mike

For registration purposes the FAA doesn't care about the maintenance
history, the AW certificate can be reissued to any aircraft; the time of the
last required inspection is what makes the AW certificate valid.