Ventus bT spindle drive

Old January 17th 14, 08:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Ventus bT spindle drive

Hi everybody. My turbo engine on Ventus goes out really slow. (new battery, new pneumatic gas strut). The thing is that the red light is ON all the time on Ilec instrument when in transit. I also disconnected the spindle drive, and it was the same thing also if engine was not attached to it. Now before I replace spindle I was thinking if anybody maybe tried to just change electric motor inside the spindle?

Regards,
Zeljko
Old January 20th 14, 05:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Soaring

On Friday, January 17, 2014 1:30:46 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Hi everybody. My turbo engine on Ventus goes out really slow. (new battery, new pneumatic gas strut). The thing is that the red light is ON all the time on Ilec instrument when in transit. I also disconnected the spindle drive, and it was the same thing also if engine was not attached to it. Now before I replace spindle I was thinking if anybody maybe tried to just change electric motor inside the spindle?

Regards,

Zeljko

Hi,
I have a spindle from my Ventus 2cxt if you interested. Not sure if it is same fit...

Andy smielek747(no spam) @hotmail.com
Old January 27th 14, 06:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BillT

On Friday, January 17, 2014 7:30:46 PM UTC+11, wrote:
Hi everybody. My turbo engine on Ventus goes out really slow. (new battery, new pneumatic gas strut). The thing is that the red light is ON all the time on Ilec instrument when in transit. I also disconnected the spindle drive, and it was the same thing also if engine was not attached to it. Now before I replace spindle I was thinking if anybody maybe tried to just change electric motor inside the spindle?

Regards,

Zeljko

How long does it take to extract Zeljko? (mine takes about 22 sec) Rgds, Bill
Old January 27th 14, 08:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper[_4_]

Take a voltage measurement at the spindle drive if possible. Even if you have a fully charged new battery, a high resistance connection between the drive motor and battery can give the symptoms you're seeing.

If there's a Cannon plug, sometimes you can insert an Xacto knife blade or similar in the slot of the male pin to spread them just little. Also put some Dow DC4 or other silicone dialetric grease on the contacts to help keep them gas tight and corrosion free to avoid resistance build up and voltage drop.

bumper

Old January 28th 14, 01:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Gibbons[_2_]

Ventus turbo owners (and Discus) should be aware of the availability
of a new much faster lift motor. The lift motor in my 1987 Ventus cT
originally took approximatly 25 seconds to extend or retract. One of
our Texas turbo pilots discovered a few years ago that Schempp-Hirth
now offered a much improved lift motor. Weight is about half of the
old assembly (5.9 lbs vs 10.9 lbs) and retract or extend time is now
below 10 seconds. Current drain remains the same at just over 3 amps.

Installation is not simple, but after the engine and lift strut are
removed, the process is relatively straight forward. The new unit
includes both the electric motor and geared lift mechanism.

Cost directly from S-H when I did the installation two years ago was
410 euro.

Well worth the cost and effort to drop the cycle time from 25 sec to
around 8 sec.

Invoice description was as follows:
S-H "Art-Nr" was L07-0954, "Spindle drive V/D-2T, Hubzylinder V/D-2T
Spindel"

Interesting point, a Ventus 2cxT arrived at our field recently. In
spite of it being a relatively recent model (around 2008), it still
had the slow lift motor (~25 sec).

Bob

Old December 11th 16, 07:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

well new Spindel from SH was 800 EUR, 2 years ago with Form 1. So maybe Bob can you take a look who is the manufacturer of that spindel?

kind regards,
Zeljko

Old December 11th 16, 07:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Dne ponedeljek, 27. januar 2014 07.50.17 UTC+1 je oseba BillT napisala:
On Friday, January 17, 2014 7:30:46 PM UTC+11, wrote:
Hi everybody. My turbo engine on Ventus goes out really slow. (new battery, new pneumatic gas strut). The thing is that the red light is ON all the time on Ilec instrument when in transit. I also disconnected the spindle drive, and it was the same thing also if engine was not attached to it. Now before I replace spindle I was thinking if anybody maybe tried to just change electric motor inside the spindle?

Regards,

Zeljko

How long does it take to extract Zeljko? (mine takes about 22 sec) Rgds, Bill

also about 20 sec

How far to drive to buy? glider[_2_] Soaring 27 February 14th 10 07:12 PM
If You Can Drive, You Can fly Gezellig Piloting 4 October 12th 08 05:31 AM
1 gb flash drive Mike Henley Aviation Photos 1 August 4th 07 05:12 AM
Reduction Drive Jgrinder Home Built 0 April 24th 06 10:11 PM
Do You Drive a Skylaunch? Gary Emerson Soaring 1 January 24th 04 07:21 PM