Habbakuk AirCraft Carrier Made of Ice

Old January 27th 06, 12:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval

Default Habbakuk AirCraft Carrier Made of Ice

Hi Pals... I was surfin around and came upon this. I had never heard of
this before.
PRetty Unusal. http://www.combinedfleet.com/fura****a/habbak_f.htm

Old January 27th 06, 08:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval

notmeno a écrit :
Hi Pals... I was surfin around and came upon this. I had never heard of
this before.
PRetty Unusal. http://www.combinedfleet.com/fura****a/habbak_f.htm

Sorry for the mistake, I was just speaking about BBAlsaace only
Old January 27th 06, 11:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval

I think it's a fantasy site. It seems like quite a lot of the ship
info is of the "what if?" realm, like a US warship that's a carrier
back with a BB front turret & bow.

Old January 28th 06, 07:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval

Histroy channel had a show some time ago that mentioned this. It seems it
was an actual plan but obviously never done.

Old January 29th 06, 08:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval

I searche numerousshipwreck sites.. they actually have this thing listed as
a Shipwreck in a Lake Near Jasper Alberta. Do you guys think thi s thing
was really built or What?

Old January 29th 06, 01:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval

"notmeno" wrote in message
Hi Pals... I was surfin around and came upon this. I had never heard of
this before.
PRetty Unusal. http://www.combinedfleet.com/fura****a/habbak_f.htm

A test section was built - a pretty big one, IIRC. The full-sized
seagoing version was never built.

--
Andy Breen ~ Not speaking on behalf of the University of Wales, Aberystwyth
Feng Shui: an ancient oriental art for extracting
Old February 6th 06, 09:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval

Somewhere in the middle of (I believe) the weakage sits just below the
the surface .I have been told that some of the ice reamains after sixty
plus years.

Old February 7th 06, 10:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval

"Gordon Dundas" wrote in message
ups.com...
Somewhere in the middle of (I believe) the weakage sits just below the
the surface .I have been told that some of the ice reamains after sixty
plus years.

The ice is long gone but the refrigeration equipment and framework remains
are on the bottom of Patricia Lake just outside Jasper Alberta.

Keith