OT question for the camera buffs

Old August 7th 07, 08:36 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Don Pyeatt

Default OT question for the camera buffs

I have an older lens, marked Carl Zeiss Jena, Flektogon 4/25. Is this lens
compatible with, or adaptable to, a modern DSLR?

TNX !!

Old August 7th 07, 08:44 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
John Meyer

In article ,
"Don Pyeatt" wrote:

I have an older lens, marked Carl Zeiss Jena, Flektogon 4/25. Is this lens
compatible with, or adaptable to, a modern DSLR?

TNX !!

Is it a screw-mount lens?

--
One is always considered mad when one perfects something that others can
not grasp.*- Ed Wood
Old August 7th 07, 09:16 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Don Pyeatt

"John Meyer" wrote in message
In article ,
"Don Pyeatt" wrote:

I have an older lens, marked Carl Zeiss Jena, Flektogon 4/25. Is this
lens
compatible with, or adaptable to, a modern DSLR?

TNX !!

Is it a screw-mount lens?

--
One is always considered mad when one perfects something that others can
not grasp. - Ed Wood

No, it has three lock lugs....is this a "Y" mount?

gdp

Old August 7th 07, 09:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
John Meyer

In article ,
"Don Pyeatt" wrote:

"John Meyer" wrote in message
In article ,
"Don Pyeatt" wrote:

I have an older lens, marked Carl Zeiss Jena, Flektogon 4/25. Is this
lens
compatible with, or adaptable to, a modern DSLR?

TNX !!

Is it a screw-mount lens?

--
One is always considered mad when one perfects something that others can
not grasp. - Ed Wood

No, it has three lock lugs....is this a "Y" mount?

gdp

Hmm. I don't know. There may be an adapter.

Old August 7th 07, 10:12 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Jack G[_2_]

Is this what you have:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Flektogon-WIDE-4...QQcmdZViewItem

If so it is for an Exacta mount which is not used by any Digital Camera
makers. However, if it is in good shape their might be a market for it on
eBay...

Jack G.

Old August 7th 07, 11:24 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Don Pyeatt

. ..

"Don Pyeatt" wrote in message
I have an older lens, marked Carl Zeiss Jena, Flektogon 4/25. Is this
lens compatible with, or adaptable to, a modern DSLR?

TNX !!

Yes, that's it. I have never used the lens but have read some really rave
reviews about it. Seems like it would be worthwhile to keep it if it can be
adapted to a DSLR.

gdp

Old August 8th 07, 12:27 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Jens Averbeck

Am Tue, 07 Aug 2007 14:36:23 -0500 schrieb Don Pyeatt:

I have an older lens, marked Carl Zeiss Jena, Flektogon 4/25. Is this
lens compatible with, or adaptable to, a modern DSLR?

TNX !!

Hi,

there several Exacta - DSLR Adapters available, search Google for
"Exacta $Your_DSLR Adapter"

Regards
Jens
Old August 8th 07, 01:47 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Don Pyeatt

"Jens Averbeck" wrote in message
news
Am Tue, 07 Aug 2007 14:36:23 -0500 schrieb Don Pyeatt:

I have an older lens, marked Carl Zeiss Jena, Flektogon 4/25. Is this
lens compatible with, or adaptable to, a modern DSLR?

TNX !!

Hi,

there several Exacta - DSLR Adapters available, search Google for
"Exacta $Your_DSLR Adapter"

Regards
Jens

Thanks, Jens !

Will Google asap.

gdp

Old August 8th 07, 05:33 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Jens Averbeck

Am Wed, 08 Aug 2007 07:47:24 -0500 schrieb Don Pyeatt:

"Jens Averbeck" wrote in message
news
Am Tue, 07 Aug 2007 14:36:23 -0500 schrieb Don Pyeatt:

I have an older lens, marked Carl Zeiss Jena, Flektogon 4/25. Is this
lens compatible with, or adaptable to, a modern DSLR?

TNX !!

Hi,

there several Exacta - DSLR Adapters available, search Google for
"Exacta $Your_DSLR Adapter"

Regards
Jens

Thanks, Jens !

Will Google asap.

gdp

No Problem,

a friend of mine uses a 200mm F/5,6 Flektogon for astrophotography with
remarkable results (eg no blue distortion around stars etc).

http://www.kopfgeist.com/kometen/ste..._und_xi_01.jpg
(Open Star Cluster h+Xi Perseii with Canon EOS 300D; 1600 ASA; t=
3x180sec; f= 200mm; n=1/5,6)

Regards
Jens
Old August 16th 07, 02:55 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Lee Oswald Ving

"Don Pyeatt" wrote in
:

I have an older lens, marked Carl Zeiss Jena, Flektogon 4/25. Is this
lens compatible with, or adaptable to, a modern DSLR?

I don't know anything about the particular lens, but I'd given even money
on it being adaptable, at least to most Canons or Nikons. I use a number of
classic lenses on my Canons, including Zeiss C/Y, Leica, even a Schneider
enlarging lens on a cobbled up bellows system.

You could pop over to Fred Miranda's website and ask in the "Alternative
Digital Systems and Lenses" forum.