Propeller Efficiency

Old April 20th 08, 02:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Clark

Default Propeller Efficiency

On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 12:27:42 GMT, Jay Maynard

On 2008-04-20, Peter Clark wrote:
It's a PGP signature. If you have a PGP decoder and download his
public key it's used to prove the message came from who it says it did
since nobody else's private key will encrypt to the appropriate string
above.

Except for one minor detail: since the guy hides behind an anonymizer,
there's no information gained from the fact that the message passes the
signature test, since all it proves is that the same anonymous coward posted
each one.

Yea, but it does prove it's the SAME person, not a different person
using the same public anonymizer to imitate them. That's what a PGP
sig is for. It's not for validating content of the posts, just the
origin.
Old April 20th 08, 03:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Maynard

On 2008-04-20, Peter Clark wrote:
Yea, but it does prove it's the SAME person, not a different person
using the same public anonymizer to imitate them. That's what a PGP
sig is for. It's not for validating content of the posts, just the
origin.

Without knowing who this person is, the fact that it's the same anonymous
coward is of vanishingly small usefulness. What difference does it make
who's saying the words when he's not standing behind them to begin with?
--
Jay Maynard, K5ZC http://www.conmicro.com
Fairmont, MN (FRM) (Yes, that's me!)
Old April 20th 08, 03:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kevin Horner

On Apr 19, 2:34pm, wrote:
Can't you at least post a drawing or something before then?

Personally I think what you're really needing is anti-grav drive.
There was a German guy working on the theory of it. Burkhard Heim was
his name. He died, though, before completing his work.

He should have worked on a solution to mortality.

On second thought, anti-grav is exactly what Le Chaud Lapin needs to get
his heavy, boxy, one-seat flying brick to fly. Especially after he puts
in an air conditioner, leather seats, computer, water jug with spigot,
dvd player, foot massager, flight simulator, toilet with 5 gallon tank,
trash bin for his hamburger wrapper, a small fridge, an a 700 watt
microwave oven, XM radio, satellite TV, all powered by a USB hub, and
managed by the same laptop that will control the hundreds of airfoils.

Still, there may be a homebuilt market for similar technology, so your
efforts might not be entirely wasted.

The U.S. military has all the patents locked up and classified. Do you
think they would hand over technology like this to hostile nations, let
alone, admit that they have perfected it? They won't even admit Roswell
happened

Kevin
Old April 20th 08, 08:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Apr 20, 9:43*am, Kevin Horner wrote:
On Apr 19, 2:34pm, wrote:

[...]

Well, sir "Horner", I think you know exactly where I'm coming from and
where my suggestion was going and what it's purpose was. The homebuilt
anti-grav market suggestion is a bit dry, I admit. Snicker.
Old April 21st 08, 01:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Maynard

From: Jay Maynard
Without knowing who this person is, the fact that it's the same anonymous
coward is of vanishingly small usefulness. What difference does it make
who's saying the words when he's not standing behind them to begin with?

Jay, I'm not sure where this animosity comes from. I think it's pretty
easy to tell who's "real" and who's not .

Well, it's pretty easy to tell who's a real pilot, and who's a wannabe.
That's a separate issue from people refusing to stand behind their words.

But is you want to play the "anonymous coward" game. I'll remind other
readers that it's coming from a middle aged, single guy, who likes to play
"dress up" and pretend he's a character in the B-movie, "Tron", and could
use a few less carbs in his diet.

And I've never said any differently. You see, I do stand behind my words,
baggage and all.

OTOH, I'm not shallow enough to think this is in any way relevant to my
opinions on aviation (or lots of other subjects). The anonymous detractors
Big John appears to support do; this merely indicts their judgment.

I'll also point out that "anonymous coward" is a term for someone who posts
without standing behind their words that originated on Slashdot. I do find
it appropriate, since it smacks of cowardice.

You couldn't pay me enough to go out in public and look like an idiot,
which you seem to revel in.

I have a lot of fun doing it, and there are a lot of folks who have fun
seeing me do it. That makes it all worthwhile. I've met a lot of people, and
made more than a few friends, and gone places, and done things I would never
have had the chance to if I hadn't done it.

I tend towards "live and let live". Making a public spectacle of myself is
certainly not my style. But I won't fault you for it if it validates your
existence in some weird way.

I don't consider it as somehow validating my existence. It's just something
I have fun with.

Please extend the same courtesy to me, "Tron Guy".

The only information I have about you is that (assuming you're the same
person posting each time, an assumption I'm willing to concede for the sake
of argument) you're someone who appears to know a fair amount about
aviation, but who does not have the courage of his convictions and refuses
to stand behind his words. It is the latter part that's under discussion,
and it is the latter part that leaves me unable to put much credence in what
you say.
Old April 26th 08, 07:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Alric Knebel's Rack

On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 17:22:41 -0400, Morgans wrote:

"JGalban via AviationKB.com" u32749@uwe wrote

The only thing this anecdote illustrates is that your brother is an idiot.

Good Lord! Would everyone quit replying to this idiot, and leave him to his
mental masturbation in solitude?

If this isn't MX, we surely do not need another carbon copy of him spewing
ignorance in this little corner of the world.

Leave him alone. Ignore his BS, and he will have nothing to respond to.
Please???

/ \
| WHAAAAAAAAAAA! |
\__ _________/
/ ,'
_.~._ /,'
,~'.~@~.`~.
/ : _..._ : \
{ :,"''\\`".: }
`C) 0 _ 0 (--.._,-"""-.__
( ) @ ( ) `.
`-.-_-.-' \
,' \ / ,` ;`-._,-.
,' ,'/ ,' `---t.,-. \_
,--.,',' ,'----.__\ _( \----'
'///,`,--.,' `-.__.--' `. )

--
Alric Knebel

http://www.ironeyefortress.com/C-SPAN_loon.html
http://www.ironeyefortress.com

FAA efficiency Doug Spencer Piloting 22 February 11th 07 11:15 PM
Increase efficiency of rotating shaft. jigar Home Built 8 October 6th 06 05:29 AM
High Efficiency APU fake mccoy Home Built 7 May 24th 06 12:19 PM
Standard Weather Briefing efficiency Ben Hallert General Aviation 8 May 30th 05 11:48 AM