Avgas Where is the ceiling?

Old April 20th 06, 02:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Avgas Where is the ceiling?

100 LL just jumped from $3.82 to $4.54 at our airport, and at HAF we
traditionally represent the lower costs for our area (SF Bay) Where will it
end? to the pessimists in the room this feels like the begning of the end
for those of us who pinch our pennies to get a little air time in once or
twice a week. It doesn't seem that long ago that it was just above $2/Gal.

Flying less in CA

Old April 20th 06, 02:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

There is no limit really. Name something else you can put in a tank and
burn that is less expensive. Alchohol? Biodiesel? Electric? Right now,
all of those are more. There is a pretty good chance it will go back
down, SOME. But I doubt we will ever see it under $2 again.

Old April 20th 06, 03:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Doug Palmer wrote:

100 LL just jumped from $3.82 to $4.54 at our airport, and at HAF we
traditionally represent the lower costs for our area (SF Bay) Where will it
end? to the pessimists in the room this feels like the begning of the end
for those of us who pinch our pennies to get a little air time in once or
twice a week. It doesn't seem that long ago that it was just above $2/Gal.

I feel your pain. Here in the northeast US, many airports are over the US
$5. mark, with several of the largest and busiest at or over the $6 mark.

I wonder if the various Angel Flight organizations are experiencing a drop
in active volunteer pilots.

--
Peter
Old April 20th 06, 03:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Peter R. wrote:
Doug Palmer wrote:

100 LL just jumped from $3.82 to $4.54 at our airport, and at HAF we
traditionally represent the lower costs for our area (SF Bay) Where will it
end? to the pessimists in the room this feels like the begning of the end
for those of us who pinch our pennies to get a little air time in once or
twice a week. It doesn't seem that long ago that it was just above $2/Gal.

I feel your pain. Here in the northeast US, many airports are over the US
$5. mark, with several of the largest and busiest at or over the $6 mark.

I wonder if the various Angel Flight organizations are experiencing a drop
in active volunteer pilots.

I can tell you That I have slowed my fling down considerably. I am
currently moving and I doubt I will sign up with the new Angel Flight
Organization until the cost of fuel drops.

Michelle
Old April 20th 06, 03:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

In a previous article, "Doug Palmer" said:
100 LL just jumped from $3.82 to $4.54 at our airport, and at HAF we

Brief pause while the Europeans in the group laugh themselves silly at
our so-called high prices

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
"All this news about Terri Schiavo, and i JUST realized that when they
Old April 20th 06, 03:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Doug Palmer wrote:
100 LL just jumped from $3.82 to $4.54 at our airport, and at HAF we
traditionally represent the lower costs for our area (SF Bay) Where will it
end? to the pessimists in the room this feels like the begning of the end
for those of us who pinch our pennies to get a little air time in once or
twice a week. It doesn't seem that long ago that it was just above $2/Gal.

The United States has no leadership when it comes to this issue.
We sit with our thumb up our A$$ bitching but doing nothing. We
can't explore and develop additional crude oil reserves that would
make us less dependent upon foreign suppliers. By doing nothing
we have created our own problems, and don't think the rest of the
world doesn't benefit from our inability do anything but bitch
about hown much retirement some oil exective is going to get.

Meanwhile other countries continue to develop their supplies and
take our money hand over fist, laughing all the way to the bank.
Old April 20th 06, 03:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

In a previous article, "Doug Palmer" said:
100 LL just jumped from $3.82 to $4.54 at our airport, and at HAF we

Brief pause while the Europeans in the group laugh themselves silly at
our so-called high prices

Who gives a %#^& what the euros think. They have high prices because its
mostly taxes which were created by their elected leaders. Its their own
fault.

Old April 20th 06, 03:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Paul Tomblin wrote:
Brief pause while the Europeans in the group laugh themselves silly at
our so-called high prices

Yes, well Europeans have a mere fraction of the GA activity we have
enjoyed here in the US. I'm more concerned about the laughter coming
from the oil producing countries.
Old April 20th 06, 03:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

"ktbr" wrote in message
Doug Palmer wrote:
100 LL just jumped from $3.82 to $4.54 at our airport, and at HAF we
traditionally represent the lower costs for our area (SF Bay) Where will
it end? to the pessimists in the room this feels like the begning of the
end for those of us who pinch our pennies to get a little air time in
once or twice a week. It doesn't seem that long ago that it was just
above $2/Gal.

The United States has no leadership when it comes to this issue.
We sit with our thumb up our A$$ bitching but doing nothing.

Last I heard, the US was a "democracy" (ie, representatives were elected),
so if there's a problem, thank your friednds and neighbors.

--
Matt
---------------------

Old April 20th 06, 03:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Matt Barrow wrote:
Last I heard, the US was a "democracy" (ie, representatives were elected),
so if there's a problem, thank your friednds and neighbors.

Actually, its supposed to be a representative republic not a true
deomocracy. But anyway, I'm not convinced that the average voter
today has necessary economic education to fully understand the issues
facing this country. An ever growing majority seem to be more
interested in how many entitlements some politician promises to
provide for them.

Avgas STC Mike Granby Owning 12 September 6th 05 07:18 PM
Avgas price and the light plane ownership M Owning 56 July 10th 05 04:55 AM
Avgas Prices aluckyguess Piloting 14 May 6th 05 07:23 AM
service ceiling of F-22 zxcv Military Aviation 7 March 14th 04 11:31 PM
Class C Ceiling Mzsoar Soaring 1 August 18th 03 08:50 PM