Don't forget to stop by your hospital & donate some blood folks.

Old September 3rd 05, 01:18 PM
Flyingmonk

Default Don't forget to stop by your hospital & donate some blood folks.

Don't forget to stop by your hospital or your local Red Cross & donate
some blood folks.

Old September 3rd 05, 09:19 PM
Robert M. Gary

What the time limit between donating and flying? I heard 24 hours, does
that sound right?

Old September 3rd 05, 10:52 PM
Peter Duniho

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
oups.com...
What the time limit between donating and flying? I heard 24 hours, does
that sound right?

I'm not aware of any regulatory requirement. But I'd agree it makes sense
to wait at least 24 hours before flying after giving blood.

Pete

Old September 4th 05, 03:43 PM
Flyingmonk

I don't know either, but I know that they make me wait six weeks in
between each donation.

Bryan "The Monk" Chaisone

Old September 4th 05, 03:50 PM
john smith

Flyingmonk wrote:
I don't know either, but I know that they make me wait six weeks in
between each donation.

Only six?
Mine is every other month.
I do "double-reds", that is once every four months.
Old September 4th 05, 03:57 PM
Flyingmonk

Yeah, INNOVA hospital is where my wife and I donate regularly. Every
six weeks is their requirement. We do it when we feel like it, maybe
five six times a year.

I used to do networking for Red Cross. I wouldn't give them a dime. I
will donate blood and volunteer my time though, but I will not trust
them with my money. Same goes for the Salvation Army. The United Way,
I haven't heard anything bad (lately).

Old September 5th 05, 03:42 AM
vincent p. norris

I used to do networking for Red Cross. I wouldn't give them a dime. I
will donate blood and volunteer my time though, but I will not trust
them with my money. Same goes for the Salvation Army.

Would you care to tell the rest of us why?

vince norris
Old September 5th 05, 03:54 AM
john smith

vincent p. norris wrote:
Would you care to tell the rest of us why?

You have never heard the saying, "Red Cross, first ones in after the
satellite trucks arrive, first ones out after the satellite trucks leave."

Remember that 9/11 fiasco, Red Cross said just send us money to help the
9/11 victims, then spent the money on other administrative things?
Lizzy Dole's successor lost her job over that one.
Old September 6th 05, 12:58 AM
Flyingmonk

I'd rather not. Sorry.

Old September 6th 05, 03:44 AM
vincent p. norris

vincent p. norris wrote:
Would you care to tell the rest of us why?

You have never heard the saying, "Red Cross, first ones in after the
satellite trucks arrive, first ones out after the satellite trucks leave."

No, I haven't, John, but even if I had, a saying is not evidence. It
is just rumor.

Remember that 9/11 fiasco, Red Cross said just send us money to help the
9/11 victims, then spent the money on other administrative things?
Lizzy Dole's successor lost her job over that one.

Seems to me the important message here is that she lost her job. The
Red Cross did not tolerate that behavior. You can't think of any "bad
apples" in other organizations, including the federal government? Too
often, they do NOT lose their jobs.

I've heard several on-the-scene reports from the Katrina disaster area
of how much the Red cross is doing to help. And I checked with Charity
Navigator, which gives the ARC a four-star rating (the highest). It
spends 91% of funds on charitable efforts. Here's the URL:

http://www.charitynavigator.org/inde...orgid/3277.htm

I have no connection with the Red Cross except that I give blood and
money, and will continue to do so until I receive better evidence that
I should not. YMMV, of course.

vince norris