Thanks For The Memories

Old July 29th 03, 01:54 AM
B2431

Anybody know if he had a favorite charity?
I for one would be glad to donate to it.
Perhaps with the attribution "rec.aviation.military"

I would assume the USO would be his favorite charity. It's the one charity I
don't mind giving some cash too.

There is always Bobe Hope Village in Florida, I suppose.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old July 29th 03, 03:30 AM
David Windhorst

B2431 wrote:

Anybody know if he had a favorite charity?
I for one would be glad to donate to it.
Perhaps with the attribution "rec.aviation.military"

I would assume the USO would be his favorite charity. It's the one charity I
don't mind giving some cash too.

There is always Bobe Hope Village in Florida, I suppose.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

According to the local news in L.A., the family has requested that, in lieu of
flowers, donations be sent to The Bob and Dolores Hope Charitable Foundation.
Unfortunately, although several references to said charity can be found online,
I haven't yet been able to find a URL or physical address or phone number for
them.

Old July 29th 03, 04:19 AM
Jim Atkins

Bob Hope's giving to charity is almost unfathomable in money terms. He
donated all the land for Eisenhower Medical Center (home of the Betty Ford
Center) in Rancho Mirage, about 80 acres of prime real estate in a very high
tone resort community. Houses near the hospital start at about $500K each.
That's a lot of bucks, and it's only one of many.

--
Jim Atkins
Twentynine Palms CA USA

Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
- Groucho Marx

Old July 29th 03, 05:22 AM

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 02:30:37 GMT, David Windhorst
wrote:

According to the local news in L.A., the family has requested that, in lieu of
flowers, donations be sent to The Bob and Dolores Hope Charitable Foundation.
Unfortunately, although several references to said charity can be found online,
I haven't yet been able to find a URL or physical address or phone number for
them.

"In lieu of flowers, please consider masses for Bob Hope or donations
to the Bob and Dolores Hope Charitable Foundation, Toluca Lake,
California 91602."

Old July 30th 03, 05:11 PM
Darrell A. Larose

"ian maclure" ) writes:
Strictly speaking this is, I suppose, off topic, but they also serve who
only stand and deliver one liners.

Bob Hope died last night.
He had a good run and could fairly be said to have served his
country long and well.

IBM

I watched the A&E Biography of Bob Hope for the second time on Monday. I
was touched by beneath the act, was a genuine warm caring human being. I
saw him in the documentary in the MASH units and hospital one on one with
wounded GI's. He never turned away, which to me showed his depth of
compassion. Mickey Rooney said it well, Bob gave Hope. I would hope that
the USAF "Spirit of Bob Hope" will overfly the National Memorial, and The
USMC choir should sing "Thanks for the Memories"

I am not an American, I am a Canadian but I can still mourn for the loss
of a great man who chose to be an american.

Thanks for the memory
Of things I can't forget
Journeys on a jet
Our wond'rous week in Martinique