Why GA is Dying

Old July 27th 06, 10:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

Default Why GA is Dying

Jim Macklin wrote:
Have you seen a 32 Seacamp?

I'm not sure that simply making an attacker mad is a good self-defense
strategy. :-)

Or did you mean to throw the weapon at the attacker?

Matt
Old July 27th 06, 10:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

Jim Macklin wrote:

The 51% rule applies in Kansas too.

BTW, have you read Massod Ayoob's book IN THE GRAVEST
EXTREME ?

I can't even pronounce his name... :-)

Matt
Old July 27th 06, 10:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

Jim Macklin wrote:

The 51% rule applies in Kansas too.

BTW, have you read Massod Ayoob's book IN THE GRAVEST
EXTREME ?

Is it good? I did read Bill Jordan's book "No Second Place Winner."
Excellent read if you are so inclined.

Matt
Old July 27th 06, 10:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

Default POL Why GA is Dying

Grumman-581 wrote:

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 14:56:46 GMT, "Ken Finney"
wrote:

There was a step in the middle. Originally, you had to be a landowner.
Then many (most? all?) places changed the requirement to a poll tax, then
the Civil Rights Act outlawed poll taxes.

If someone doesn't own property, why should they have a say in how the
country is run? Yeah, it might "disenfranchise" those inner city
warren inhabitants in the northeast, but I don't believe that would
necessarily be a *bad* thing...

I guess I'd be OK with this as long as only those who vote had to pay
taxes. After all, if I have no say in the country's governance, then I
shouldn't have to pay for it either.

Matt
Old July 27th 06, 10:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Grumman-581[_1_]

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 16:08:40 -0000, Jim Logajan
wrote:
As long as the non-land owners don't have to abide by the laws, no problem!
;-)

But since everyone is expected to abide by the law, everyone should get to
vote on the people who make those laws - right?

If they're too cheap to buy some land, they don't deserve to vote...
Hell, all they have to do is buy a piece of West Texas land... I
recently saw some going for $175 per acre... Yeah, you had to buy
1,280 acres of it to get it at that price...
Old July 27th 06, 10:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

Matt Barrow wrote:

"Jim Macklin" wrote in message

For those not in on Texas law, a 30.06 sign is a sign that
conforms to the Texas law on such signs, as to wording and
size and location. 30.06 is the chapter in the law.

.30/06 is the rifle caliber.

Nope.

.30-'06

Yep, caliber and year, not a fraction.

Matt
Old July 27th 06, 10:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Grumman-581[_1_]

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 11:47:28 -0500, Emily
wrote:
Sorry, disagree with you on this one. I didn't own property until two
years ago, and I was a hell of a lot more competent to vote than most
landowners.

Well, I guess I've owned land all my life... Family ranch that has
been in the family for over 100 years... Started out originally as 1
section (i.e. 640 acres), but thanks to government theft when they
decided to dam a river and make a lake, only about 100 acres is left
now...
Old July 27th 06, 10:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

Jim Logajan wrote:

"Morgans" wrote:

"Jay Beckman" wrote

You're taking a pretty good leap of faith that "Emily" is even a
female...

This is Usenet after all.

Since the gender of the person making an argument is not relevant to its
validity, this amounts to an ad hominem.

Baloney. If you are talking about PMS, women are much more qualified to
argue about it. Lots of things are gender related including
credibility in arguing certain topics.

Matt
Old July 27th 06, 10:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Grumman-581[_1_]

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 11:48:10 -0500, Emily
wrote:
Barf. I HATE the idea of mandatory military duty. **** that.

Well, I did my time, so I don't have a problem with them requiring
it... All in all, as much as I bitched about it at the time, I would
have to say that it definitely builds character... Then again, as we
used to say, "A happy sailor is a bitching sailor"...
Old July 27th 06, 10:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

wrote:

Sorry, disagree with you on this one. I didn't own property until two
years ago, and I was a hell of a lot more competent to vote than most
landowners.

Well, I guess I've owned land all my life... Family ranch that has
been in the family for over 100 years... Started out originally as 1
section (i.e. 640 acres), but thanks to government theft when they
decided to dam a river and make a lake, only about 100 acres is left
now...

Yes, but it isn't yours as your family stole it from the native Americans.

Matt