Just checking in...how's everyone been?

Old November 21st 08, 05:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
C J Campbell[_1_]

Default Just checking in...how's everyone been?

On 2008-11-20 17:53:44 -0800, "Jay Honeck" said:

So I've been contacted by half a dozen folks, telling me that my
absence was the topic of a rather lively thread here -- so I thought
I'd pop in for a peek at my old stomping ground. How's everyone been?

As you can see, it is still not time to come back. It is still all
about the trolls.

--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

Old November 21st 08, 05:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
RST Engineering

This channel seems to be run on the septic tank principle, Jay.

Most of it flows down, but the really big chunks float to the top.

Jim

--
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought
without accepting it."

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
Fjukkkwit.

Ah, I see the vocabulary-challenged village idiot is still muttering his
signature response, but from a new address that hasn't been killfiled.

Charming.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old November 21st 08, 05:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
John Clear

In article ,
Shirl wrote:
Ross wrote:
Drop in more often. I have looked at POA but the set up is
too much to grasp. I still like the open of the usenet.

Ditto that here. Maybe "signing up" isn't that big a deal, but I've
grown weary of having to give up personal information for something
that's supposedly "free" -- there's always some kind of "price".

The signing up isn't a big deal, but web forums are slow and painful
to navigate. I don't have the time to waste doing a bunch of clicks
trying to get to the content. Even with all the crap here, between
killfiles and other filters, I can get to the few good bits in a few
seconds.

John
--
John Clear - http://www.clear-prop.org/

Old November 21st 08, 05:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
RST Engineering

I'm on Maintenance Bay over there, Jay, and haven't seen you at all. What
forum do you populate?

Jim

--

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
So I've been contacted by half a dozen folks, telling me that my absence
was the topic of a rather lively thread here -- so I thought I'd pop in
for a peek at my old stomping ground. How's everyone been?

No, we're not dead. On September 4th, after over ten years of daily
postings on these groups, I joined the ranks of "former RAPpers" by
quitting, cold turkey. Nothing specific precipitated my departure -- it
was just a long, slow, gradual culmination of many things. The signal to
noise ratio here had deteriorated to such a level that no number of
killfiles could do the job -- and what was left after culling the herd of
trolls was pathetically small. Pilots of America called to me, warts and
all, so I jumped in with both feet and haven't looked back....

Old November 21st 08, 08:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Nov 21, 6:21*am, "Jay Honeck" wrote:

Ah, to be "Down South" this time of year. *It's 12 degrees outside this
morning here in sunny Iowa!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Pathfinder N56993
Ercoupe N94856www.AlexisParkInn.com
"Your Aviation Destination"

Uhgggg...... here I was complaining it was cold with temps of 47 and
wind chill of 42 LOL
Old November 21st 08, 10:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote

Sounds like what evolved for several of us old-time regulars. We didn't
set out to "create" it -- it just happened in response to the "troll
wars", and kept on going.

I'll email ya!

Shoot me one too, if you would. I could not get excited over at POA, but
perhaps the new circle of friends would work for me. I ought to give it a
try and see, perhaps.

Take out the obvious capital junk from my return e-maill address.
--
Jim in NC

Old November 21st 08, 10:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

wrote in message
On Nov 21, 6:21 am, "Jay Honeck" wrote:

Ah, to be "Down South" this time of year. It's 12 degrees outside this
morning here in sunny Iowa!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Pathfinder N56993
Ercoupe N94856www.AlexisParkInn.com
"Your Aviation Destination"

Uhgggg...... here I was complaining it was cold with temps of 47 and
wind chill of 42 LOL

It was brutal here this morning, too. 35 degrees and wind out of the NW
about 20 gusting to 30, then it really started blowing! g
--
Jim in NC

Old November 21st 08, 10:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike Adams[_2_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote:

So I've been contacted by half a dozen folks, telling me that my
absence was the topic of a rather lively thread here -- so I thought
I'd pop in for a peek at my old stomping ground. How's everyone been?

Hi Jay. Good to hear from you. I'm still lurking here, but not getting much out of it anymore. I browsed
around on POA a few times, but do most of my aviation reading on the CPA forums now. I hope to get
back to Oshkosh next summer, so keep in touch.

Mike
Old November 21st 08, 10:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Mike

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
"Jay Honeck" wrote in

Good to see you haven't fallen off the map Jay. I started a thread
upon returning to the groups about what had happened to you and many
other of the good people that used to post here, and man what a
response I got! I've been doing some island flying since we moved
back to Hawaii, and man is it good to be back on island and back in
the air :-)

Hey, John -- wow, Hawaii sure sounds good right now. Let's see...it's
22 degrees outside, with a Westerly wind at 12. Brrrrr....too cold
for November!

I just re-read my post, and realized that I forgot to include the link
to our Oktoberfest trip pix. Not much aviation there -- but for those
who are ever considering making the pilgrimage to the "Mother of all
Beer Bashes", here ya go:

http://www.alexisparkinn.com/trip_to_germany.htm

It makes our annual Fly-In Pool Party look like a tea party, for sure!

:-)

Great aviation poast there, spammer.

Just as I predicted.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...e4aea99d0b0606