Looking to borrow an ASW-27 horizontal stabilize in SW USA

Old May 15th 21, 07:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
5Z

Default Looking to borrow an ASW-27 horizontal stabilize in SW USA

Hello all, I had a ground handling incident yesterday and damaged my elevator. Looks like a month or more for repairs. :-(

Does anyone know of an ASW-27 that's idle at this time so I could borrow the horizontal stabilizer?

I've checked with Rex and he's pretty sure this can be done without issues.

I live in Tucson, AZ.

Thanks,

5Z
Old May 16th 21, 04:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

On Saturday, May 15, 2021 at 11:56:16 AM UTC-7, 5Z wrote:
Hello all, I had a ground handling incident yesterday and damaged my elevator. Looks like a month or more for repairs. :-(

Does anyone know of an ASW-27 that's idle at this time so I could borrow the horizontal stabilizer?

I've checked with Rex and he's pretty sure this can be done without issues.

I live in Tucson, AZ.

Thanks,

5Z

Check with the insurers to get names of businesses that have purchased wrecks.

Tom

Old May 16th 21, 01:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Hank Nixon

On Saturday, May 15, 2021 at 2:56:16 PM UTC-4, 5Z wrote:
Hello all, I had a ground handling incident yesterday and damaged my elevator. Looks like a month or more for repairs. :-(

Does anyone know of an ASW-27 that's idle at this time so I could borrow the horizontal stabilizer?

I've checked with Rex and he's pretty sure this can be done without issues.

I live in Tucson, AZ.

Thanks,

5Z

Which side on elevator? May have.
UH
Old May 16th 21, 05:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
5Z

On Sunday, May 16, 2021 at 5:31:06 AM UTC-7, Hank Nixon wrote:
Which side on elevator? May have.

It's the left. I've left a voicemail and emailed you.

Thanks!
Old May 17th 21, 02:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
5Z

Found one!!!

Now I'll get to fly the OLC week tasks at El Tiro next week - May 21-31.

5Z

Old May 22nd 21, 05:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
5Z

So I ended up borrowing a horizontal stab from a friend in CA, but unfortunately, it doesn't fit. So I put his elevator on my stab and that also doesn't fit. Looks like I would need to remove about 1-2 mm to fit my wider elevator drive.

The repair to my damaged elevator should be complete in 3-4 weeks, so I'll just fly club ships when I get the urge.

5Z
Old May 22nd 21, 09:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
R[_4_]

This Movie sucks...where's the clicker?

Old May 23rd 21, 12:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nicholas Kennedy

Do you REALLY need a elevator?
I've read here on RAS you can fly a ASW 20 without the elevator hooked up, if you know what your doing. Isn't -the 27 very similar?
Nick