Miloch...and 940,000 others...will be without electricity from 4PM Pacific today until evening on Monday.

Old October 26th 19, 10:24 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Miloch

Default Miloch...and 940,000 others...will be without electricity from 4PM Pacific today until evening on Monday.

....that means no posts from me.

PG&E is turning off the power!...to prevent yet more fires from fallen power
lines.

The lawsuits from this power stoppage will just be added to the ones already
filed against the utility from the last power outage/fires from two years
ago...my sister almost lost her house to that one! She'd already lost her house
in yet an earlier fire...the Middletown fire.

"A severe wind event beginning Saturday night will lead Pacific Gas and Electric
to turn off power to nearly 400,000 Bay Area customers in eight counties to
reduce the risk of wind-damaged equipment sparking wildfires. It was originally
estimated that 850,000 customers would be impacted in the greater Northern
California area, but that estimate rose to 940,000 Saturday morning.

"PG&E said Saturday that power outages would occur in in Alameda, Contra Costa,
Marin, Napa, San Mateo, Santa Clara Solano and Sonoma counties beginning at
around 4 p.m.

*

Old October 27th 19, 05:05 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Flatlander

Be safe!

Old October 27th 19, 02:04 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mitchell Holman[_9_]

Miloch wrote in
:

[...]

They can't design power lines that
won't fall down in high winds? It doesn't
seem like that complicated a technology.

Old October 27th 19, 02:37 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Futility Man

On Sun, 27 Oct 2019 08:04:20 -0500, Mitchell Holman
wrote:

They can't design power lines that
won't fall down in high winds? It doesn't
seem like that complicated a technology.

They have outlawed any and all tree trimming to protect power lines or anything
else. Scrub brush is more important than human lives. Trees and branches get
blown onto power lines, causing fires and burning thousands more trees than
would get trimmed.

Only in California can you get fined for trimming a tree that blocks visibility
at an intersection, or be fined for having a tree that blocks visibility at an
intersection, or fined for removing said tree if it dies, or be fined for
failing to remove a dead tree.

--
Futility Man
Old October 28th 19, 06:02 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob (not my real pseudonym)[_2_]

On Sat, 26 Oct 2019 23:05:26 -0500, Flatlander
wrote:

Be safe!

Second that!

Old October 29th 19, 03:16 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Miloch

In article , not my real pseudonym
says...

On 28 Oct 2019 19:45:48 -0700, Miloch
wrote:

In article , not my real pseudonym
says...

On Sat, 26 Oct 2019 23:05:26 -0500, Flatlander
wrote:

Be safe!

Second that!

We electrified!...who knows how long it'll last...my sister had to evacuate her
home...third time and 4 or 5 years she's been directly affected by
wildfires...losing her house in one of them.

Had a helicopter flying over the neighborhood twice today...prolly looking at
transformers to check for damage...just a guess.

Bell 407 registered to Redding Air Service Inc. out of (no kidding)
Redding CA. Looks like they do a little of everything helicopters can
do.

Scary reports coming from down there, and appears it's not close to
all over. Thinking good thoughts for y'all.

PG&E is turning off electricity again later...for my PG&E zone, it's projected
to happen at 11PM...at least I'll be in bed.

*

Old October 29th 19, 06:58 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mitchell Holman[_9_]

Miloch wrote in
:

In article , not my real
pseudonym says...

On 28 Oct 2019 19:45:48 -0700, Miloch
wrote:

In article , not my real
pseudonym says...

wrote:

Be safe!

Second that!

We electrified!...who knows how long it'll last...my sister had to
evacuate her home...third time and 4 or 5 years she's been directly
affected by wildfires...losing her house in one of them.

Had a helicopter flying over the neighborhood twice today...prolly
looking at transformers to check for damage...just a guess.

Bell 407 registered to Redding Air Service Inc. out of (no kidding)
Redding CA. Looks like they do a little of everything helicopters can
do.

Scary reports coming from down there, and appears it's not close to
all over. Thinking good thoughts for y'all.

PG&E is turning off electricity again later...for my PG&E zone, it's
projected to happen at 11PM...at least I'll be in bed.

On another forum one guy was gloating about
how the state was pushing electric cars and
now their recharging stations are idled. I had
to point out that without electricity gas station
pumps don't work either.

Thankfully we can charge our cars via our rooftop
solar panels, but I didn't mention that........

Old October 29th 19, 10:01 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Miloch

In article , Mitchell Holman
says...

Miloch wrote in
:

In article , not my real
pseudonym says...

On 28 Oct 2019 19:45:48 -0700, Miloch
wrote:

In article , not my real
pseudonym says...

wrote:

[...]

We have recharging stations all over town and I never see them being used. How
much does it cost?...or is it free?

I just got back from Luckys....long lines of people buying large sacks of
ice...and store employees replacing them by the pallet load!! My fridge's
freeze kept the existing ice from completely melting for the entire time.

The only thing about the power down was no TV to watch the Warriors play the
Pelicans...got it on the radio but of all the stations, it was the ONLY one
coming in broken.

*

Old October 30th 19, 02:36 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mitchell Holman[_9_]

Miloch wrote in
:

In article , Mitchell
Holman says...

Miloch wrote in
:

In article , not my real
pseudonym says...

On 28 Oct 2019 19:45:48 -0700, Miloch
wrote:

In article , not my
real pseudonym says...

wrote:

[...]

When I am travelling I use the
supercharger locations, costs about
$6 for a 300 mile range. My charging
at home is free.

Old October 31st 19, 04:45 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2019-10-30 01:36:15 +0000, Mitchell Holman said:

Miloch wrote in
:

In article , Mitchell
Holman says...

Miloch wrote in
:

In article , not my real
pseudonym says...

On 28 Oct 2019 19:45:48 -0700, Miloch
wrote:

In article , not my
real pseudonym says...

wrote:

[...]

You get FREE domestic power?

Even if you have a domestic solar system you would have related capital costs.
--
Regards,

Savageduck

Ping Miloch Miloch Aviation Photos 0 September 7th 18 04:13 AM
PING Miloch: OT Camera Savageduck[_3_] Aviation Photos 0 August 18th 18 03:48 PM
Monday evening t'storm arrives at OSH Dan Luke Piloting 21 August 1st 06 03:00 PM