Garmin GPSMAP 296

Old March 20th 04, 09:53 AM
Cockpit Colin

Default Garmin GPSMAP 296

Hi Folks,

I was very interested to check out the link to the (apparent) new Garmin
296 - what's confusing me though is that there is absolutely no mention of
it on the Garmin site.

Anyone got any ideas as to why this might be?

If I bought on right now I wouldn't even be able to update the database.

I appreciate than Garmin may well be 'picking their moment' - but they're
apparantly available through Sporty's - so I'm confused.

Anyone got any takes on this?

Cheers,

CC

Old March 20th 04, 12:54 PM
Dan Luke

"Cockpit Colin" wrote:
I was very interested to check out the link to the (apparent)
new Garmin 296

What link?

Old March 20th 04, 03:18 PM
C J Campbell

"Dan Luke" wrote in message

"Cockpit Colin" wrote:
I was very interested to check out the link to the (apparent)
new Garmin 296

What link?

http://www.pacific-coast-avionics.co...il.asp?id=5914

Toldja so.

Old March 20th 04, 07:19 PM
Bela P. Havasreti

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 22:53:44 +1300, "Cockpit Colin"
wrote:

I'll post back here if I see any at Sun & Fun.

Bela P. Havasreti

Old March 23rd 04, 12:33 AM
MichaelR

The new AOPA Pilot just showed up at my house, and there is an ad from JA
Air Center advertising the 296.
It's the only mention of that GPS in the whole magazine.
So, I think that AOPA Pilot ran the ad a month early by mistake, and that
let the cat out of the bag, so Sporty's and everybody else could start
selling it.

Certainly they intended to introduce it at Sun'n'Fun.

Old March 23rd 04, 04:09 AM
C J Campbell

"MichaelR" wrote in message
The new AOPA Pilot just showed up at my house, and there is an ad from JA
Air Center advertising the 296.
It's the only mention of that GPS in the whole magazine.
So, I think that AOPA Pilot ran the ad a month early by mistake, and that
let the cat out of the bag, so Sporty's and everybody else could start
selling it.

Certainly they intended to introduce it at Sun'n'Fun.

I don't think that is a month early. It is the April issue.

Old March 23rd 04, 12:08 PM
Jay Masino

MichaelR wrote:
The new AOPA Pilot just showed up at my house, and there is an ad from JA
Air Center advertising the 296.
It's the only mention of that GPS in the whole magazine.
So, I think that AOPA Pilot ran the ad a month early by mistake, and that
let the cat out of the bag, so Sporty's and everybody else could start
selling it.
Certainly they intended to introduce it at Sun'n'Fun.

I e-mailed Gulf Coast Avionics. They don't have any units in stock.
They're basically taking advance orders for later delivery (like around
the time of Sun-n-Fun).

--- Jay

--

__!__
Jay and Teresa Masino ___(_)___
Old March 23rd 04, 01:15 PM
MichaelR

Except that the April issue comes out in March.

Not one word on the 296 in the April Flying Magazine. Or the April Plane &
Pilot, or Private Pilot..