Way off topic, but it has do to with the French

Old March 3rd 08, 03:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Way off topic, but it has do to with the French

On Mar 2, 8:22 pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
" wrote :

On Mar 2, 5:53 pm, "Jay Honeck" wrote:
The list of countries with people that "sat on their hands whilst
under the yoke of the most immoral regime in modern history"
includes Poland, Denmark, Norway, Belgium, the Netherlands,
Luxembourg, Yugoslavia, and Greece.

Right, but none of those countries were loudly proclaiming themselves
to be "world powers" and "leaders of the free world", as was the case
with France prior to WWII. Their collapse in the Battle of France
was so complete, quick, and unexpected that their national prestige
will probably never recover.

The truth is that France prissily regarded themselves as a major
world power long after the shine was off her apple. The amazing
thing is that they continue to display this attitude to this day.

Ya gotta admire their chutzpah, I suppose -- but it's what makes them
the butt of jokes here in America.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Perhaps your minor in history didn't cover The Great War, the
Napoleonic Wars, or the Seven Year's War.

Look those up and then come back and discuss France's place in world
history.

My master's in History and I will be waiting.

That's a bit unfair, isn't it? Anyone who has read a pamphlet on world
history knows more than Jay...

Bertie

True, that.

Old March 3rd 08, 03:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

" wrote in
:

On Mar 2, 8:22 pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
" wrote
innews:6a80bb93-cda8-459a-8763-c4a2e03d93a5@

60g2000hsy.googlegroups.co
m:

[...]

Careful! You're feding the troll!

You don't want a reprimand, do you?

bertie

Old March 3rd 08, 05:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

My master's in History and I will be waiting.

That's a bit unfair, isn't it? Anyone who has read a pamphlet on world
history knows more than Jay...

Bertie

True, that.

Oooh boy. Two anonymous mental giants -- one who claims to be a pilot, and
one who claims to be historian?

There goes the neighborhood...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old March 3rd 08, 05:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in

My master's in History and I will be waiting.

That's a bit unfair, isn't it? Anyone who has read a pamphlet on
world history knows more than Jay...

Bertie

True, that.

Oooh boy. Two anonymous mental giants -- one who claims to be a
pilot, and one who claims to be historian?

There goes the neighborhood

Aw, your little white bread world falling down around your ears?

Bertie

Old March 3rd 08, 05:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Perhaps your minor in history didn't cover The Great War, the
Napoleonic Wars, or the Seven Year's War.

Look those up and then come back and discuss France's place in world
history.

Wow, that's really impressive. Not.

Try to keep up, please? We weren't talking about France's "place in
history" -- we're talking about their national behavior in World War II,
their current status as a former world power, and their current role as the
butt of much disparaging humor in America.

But it's well and good that you bring it up, since France's legitimate
history as a great power makes their current status more pathetic -- not
less -- and serves to further explain the reasons for their being the target
for jokesters in the US and elsewhere.

Are these jokes fair or appropriate? Often not. But the discussion is
about *why* these jokes exist, not whether or not they are legitimate.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old March 3rd 08, 05:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.aviation.kooks,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in

Perhaps your minor in history didn't cover The Great War, the
Napoleonic Wars, or the Seven Year's War.

Look those up and then come back and discuss France's place in world
history.

Wow, that's really impressive. Not.

Try to keep up, please? We weren't talking about France's "place in
history" -- we're talking about their national behavior in World War
II, their current status as a former world power, and their current
role as the butt of much disparaging humor in America.

All of which says you're an asshole.

Bertie
Old March 3rd 08, 05:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.aviation.kooks,alt.usenet.kooks
mariposas rand mair fheal

In article ,
Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

"Jay Honeck" wrote in

Perhaps your minor in history didn't cover The Great War, the
Napoleonic Wars, or the Seven Year's War.

Look those up and then come back and discuss France's place in world
history.

Wow, that's really impressive. Not.

Try to keep up, please? We weren't talking about France's "place in
history" -- we're talking about their national behavior in World War
II, their current status as a former world power, and their current
role as the butt of much disparaging humor in America.

why exactly am i suppose to be disparaging france?
this seems to have started after they said they were not going to fight in iraq
without real evidence that iraq was making nbc weapons

it sounds to me like i supposed to flush two hundred years
of friendship and mutual struggle down the toilet
because they were right about iraq

does that sum it up correctly

arf meow arf - everything thing i know i learned
from the collective unconscience of odd bodkins
nobody could do that much decoupage
without calling on the powers of darkness
Old March 3rd 08, 05:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.aviation.kooks,alt.usenet.kooks
Aratzio

On Mon, 3 Mar 2008 04:18:06 +0000 (UTC), in the land of
alt.usenet.kooks, Bertie the Bunyip got double secret
probation for writing:

Can I be the ****head?

--

Miguel, once again stating the obvious:

"Yes, I must be impotent."
Old March 3rd 08, 05:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.aviation.kooks,alt.usenet.kooks
Aratzio

On Sun, 02 Mar 2008 20:47:30 -0800, in the land of alt.usenet.kooks,
mariposas rand mair fheal got double secret
probation for writing:

In article ,
Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

[...]

Pretty much.

Nothing like having a handy French Fleet to bottle up Cornwallis on a
penninsula.

How would things have turned out if the French were not on our side in
the revolution?

Old March 3rd 08, 06:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.aviation.kooks,alt.usenet.kooks
miguel

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

[...]

We'd still be speaking english, I reckon.