Way off topic, but it has do to with the French

Old March 3rd 08, 10:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.aviation.kooks,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Default Way off topic, but it has do to with the French

mariposas rand mair fheal wrote in
:

In article ,
Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

"Jay Honeck" wrote in

Perhaps your minor in history didn't cover The Great War, the
Napoleonic Wars, or the Seven Year's War.

Look those up and then come back and discuss France's place in
world history.

Wow, that's really impressive. Not.

Try to keep up, please? We weren't talking about France's "place
in history" -- we're talking about their national behavior in World
War II, their current status as a former world power, and their
current role as the butt of much disparaging humor in America.

why exactly am i suppose to be disparaging france?
this seems to have started after they said they were not going to
fight in iraq without real evidence that iraq was making nbc weapons

it sounds to me like i supposed to flush two hundred years
of friendship and mutual struggle down the toilet
because they were right about iraq

does that sum it up correctly

Apparently, This is what Jay's telling us and he seems to think he knows
what he's talking about.

He's minored in History at Wisconsin, you know.

Bertie

Old March 3rd 08, 10:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.aviation.kooks,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Aratzio wrote in
:

On Sun, 02 Mar 2008 20:47:30 -0800, in the land of alt.usenet.kooks,
mariposas rand mair fheal got double secret
probation for writing:

In article ,
Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

[...]

Pretty much.

Nothing like having a handy French Fleet to bottle up Cornwallis on a
penninsula.

How would things have turned out if the French were not on our side in
the revolution?

We'd probably be speaking English right now if they hadn;t!

Oh wait.

Bertie
Old March 3rd 08, 10:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.aviation.kooks,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

miguel wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

[...]

We'd still be speaking english, I reckon.

Merde!

Bertie
Old March 3rd 08, 10:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.aviation.kooks,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Aratzio wrote in
:

On Mon, 3 Mar 2008 04:18:06 +0000 (UTC), in the land of
alt.usenet.kooks, Bertie the Bunyip got double secret
probation for writing:

"Jay Honeck" wrote in

Perhaps your minor in history didn't cover The Great War, the
Napoleonic Wars, or the Seven Year's War.

Look those up and then come back and discuss France's place in world
history.

Wow, that's really impressive. Not.

Try to keep up, please? We weren't talking about France's "place in
history" -- we're talking about their national behavior in World War
II, their current status as a former world power, and their current
role as the butt of much disparaging humor in America.

All of which says you're an asshole.

Bertie

Can I be the ****head?

If you like. We have a few already, but there's always room for another.

Bertie

Old March 3rd 08, 11:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Mar 2, 11:17 pm, "Jay Honeck" wrote:
Perhaps your minor in history didn't cover The Great War, the
Napoleonic Wars, or the Seven Year's War.

Look those up and then come back and discuss France's place in world
history.

Wow, that's really impressive. Not.

Try to keep up, please? We weren't talking about France's "place in
history" -- we're talking about their national behavior in World War II,
their current status as a former world power, and their current role as the
butt of much disparaging humor in America.

But it's well and good that you bring it up, since France's legitimate
history as a great power makes their current status more pathetic -- not
less -- and serves to further explain the reasons for their being the target
for jokesters in the US and elsewhere.

Are these jokes fair or appropriate? Often not. But the discussion is
about *why* these jokes exist, not whether or not they are legitimate.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Question: How do they practice "SAFE SEX" in Iowa?
Answer: They paint a red "X" on the cows that kick.
Old March 3rd 08, 01:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.aviation.kooks,alt.usenet.kooks
Aratzio

On Mon, 3 Mar 2008 10:32:19 +0000 (UTC), in alt.usenet.kooks, Bertie
the Bunyip bloviated:

Aratzio wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

[...]

The word yer lokin fer is "commonwealth"
Old March 3rd 08, 01:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.aviation.kooks,alt.usenet.kooks
Aratzio

On Mon, 3 Mar 2008 10:34:10 +0000 (UTC), in alt.usenet.kooks, Bertie
the Bunyip bloviated:

Aratzio wrote in
:

[...]

YAY!!!!!!

Royalist trash.
Old March 3rd 08, 05:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.aviation.kooks,alt.usenet.kooks,soc.culture.french
Daedalus

On Mon, 3 Mar 2008 04:18:06 +0000 (UTC), Bertie the Bunyip
wrote:

"Jay Honeck" wrote in

Perhaps your minor in history didn't cover The Great War, the
Napoleonic Wars, or the Seven Year's War.

Look those up and then come back and discuss France's place in world
history.

Wow, that's really impressive. Not.

Try to keep up, please? We weren't talking about France's "place in
history" -- we're talking about their national behavior in World War
II, their current status as a former world power, and their current
role as the butt of much disparaging humor in America.

All of which says you're an asshole.

Bertie

Why weren't the French involved in this conversation?

Jade

Old March 3rd 08, 05:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.aviation.kooks,alt.usenet.kooks,soc.culture.french

wrote:

"Jay Honeck" wrote in

Perhaps your minor in history didn't cover The Great War, the
Napoleonic Wars, or the Seven Year's War.

Look those up and then come back and discuss France's place in world
history.

Wow, that's really impressive. Not.

Try to keep up, please? We weren't talking about France's "place in
history" -- we're talking about their national behavior in World War
II, their current status as a former world power, and their current
role as the butt of much disparaging humor in America.

All of which says you're an asshole.

Bertie

Why weren't the French involved in this conversation?

Jade

They were.

Les gens d'Iowa sont des idiots.

Dan