Way off topic, but it has do to with the French

Old March 5th 08, 01:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.aviation.kooks,alt.usenet.kooks,soc.culture.french,soc.singles
miguel

Default Way off topic, but it has do to with the French

Jim Stewart wrote:
miguel wrote:
Jim Stewart wrote:
miguel wrote:
miguel wrote:
Some poopytalker wrote:
miguel a écrit :

NO POOPYTALK!

"John of Aix" wrote:
miguel wrote:
Daedalus wrote:
Why weren't the French involved in this conversation?
Probably because they speak poopytalk.
Pauvre con avec ton langage enfantin. Toi, évidemment, tu ne piges rien
que l'amerloque et, sans doute, t'exprime comme un crétin dans cette
'langue', ainsi tu te sens obligé de montrer à quel point tu es inculte
avec l'utilisation des mots qu'on laisse tomber après la crèche.
C'est un anglais qui te parle, car ici on Europe on considère la culture
d'être une bonne chose.
Usenet would be generally improved if all poopytalkers like John of
Aix would Remove Themselves Altogether.
Usenet would improve if assholes like you would fade away..!!! Go back
to your trailers park, don't forget to get your meds and have a good
sleep..!!!
I'd sleep a lot better of you poopytalkers would Remove Your Poopytalk
from Usenet Altogether.
miguel

PS: I don't suppose you poopytalking morons have ever figured out why
the BIBLE is in ENGLISH, not French Poopytalk.

Well, it was in Latin long before it was in
English and Latin is way closer to French
than English...

I don't know where you get your information, but the very first
version of the Bible was the King James Version.

Google Vulgate

Why would I want to look at masturbation pictures?
Old March 5th 08, 01:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.aviation.kooks,alt.usenet.kooks,soc.culture.french,soc.singles
miguel

On Tue, 4 Mar 2008 17:09:09 -0800 (PST), Dan
wrote:

On Mar 4, 7:51 pm, miguel wrote:
On Tue, 4 Mar 2008 16:27:28 -0800 (PST), Dan
wrote:

On Mar 4, 7:18 pm, miguel wrote:

I don't know where you get your information, but the very first
version of the Bible was the King James Version.

miguel

Wrong.

There were at least six English versions of the Bible before the KJV:

Anglo-Saxon manuscript -- 995 AD
Wycliff -- 1380 AD
Tyndale --1534 AD
Great Bible -- 1539 AD
Geneva -- 1557 AD
Rheims -- 1582 AD

And then the 1st Edition of the King James, published in 1611.

Anything else you need to be corrected on?

Obviously somebody has fed you some very bad information (probably
Satan).

Must be so. I'll ask him...

Miguel? Is it so??

No, man. I exorcise regularly.
Old March 5th 08, 02:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.aviation.kooks,alt.usenet.kooks,soc.culture.french,soc.singles
Dan[_10_]

On Mar 4, 8:23 pm, miguel wrote:

Must be so. I'll ask him...
Miguel? Is it so??

No, man. I exorcise regularly.

That's cool, man.

You any kin to Cheech and Chong?

Jes wonderin'

Dan

Old March 5th 08, 11:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dylan Smith

On 2008-03-02, Jay Honeck wrote:
Indeed. The Greeks, while no match for the Germans, managed to thoroughly
humiliate the Italians before falling under Axis occupation. For a brief
(if not entirely impartial) history of Greece in WWII, see:

The Italians weren't entirely hard to humiliate in WWII - the tiny
island of Malta humiliated the might of the Italian air force with three
Fairey Swordfish.

--
From the sunny Isle of Man.
Old March 5th 08, 03:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

The Italians weren't entirely hard to humiliate in WWII - the tiny
island of Malta humiliated the might of the Italian air force with three
Fairey Swordfish.

True, the Italians were pathetically clumsy in WWII. It's interesting to
note that despite this performance there are few in America who make
"Italian jokes" the way we poke fun at the French.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old March 5th 08, 03:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan[_10_]

On Mar 5, 10:15 am, "Jay Honeck" wrote:
The Italians weren't entirely hard to humiliate in WWII - the tiny
island of Malta humiliated the might of the Italian air force with three
Fairey Swordfish.

True, the Italians were pathetically clumsy in WWII. It's interesting to
note that despite this performance there are few in America who make
"Italian jokes" the way we poke fun at the French.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Pathfinder N56993www.AlexisParkInn.com
"Your Aviation Destination"

Which part of "America?" Iowa? Iowa City? Where?

Those of us from New York (that's that big city on the East Coast
that's still part of America) have heard jokes made about and told on
every race, creed, color, and shape of mankind.

It's how you knew you'd arrived.

Dan
Old March 5th 08, 03:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder[_2_]

Jay Honeck wrote:
The Italians weren't entirely hard to humiliate in WWII - the tiny
island of Malta humiliated the might of the Italian air force with three
Fairey Swordfish.

True, the Italians were pathetically clumsy in WWII. It's interesting
to note that despite this performance there are few in America who make
"Italian jokes" the way we poke fun at the French.

As a second generation Italian-American on my fathers side I've heard
plenty. But the reason you don't hear as many is because the Italians
don't think they are great warriors.

The best isn't really a joke though. When, during the first Persian Gulf
War, a bunch of Iraqis supposedly surrendered to an Italian news crew
the joke was that they had taken more POWs than the entire Italian Army
during WWII.
Old March 5th 08, 03:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan[_10_]

On Mar 5, 10:39 am, Gig 601XL Builder
wrote:

As a second generation Italian-American on my fathers side I've heard
plenty. But the reason you don't hear as many is because the Italians
don't think they are great warriors.

The best isn't really a joke though. When, during the first Persian Gulf
War, a bunch of Iraqis supposedly surrendered to an Italian news crew
the joke was that they had taken more POWs than the entire Italian Army
during WWII.

Keep in mind, Jay has a minor in History, but...

One reason the Italians had no great desire for battle wasn't a
particular lack of courage or combativeness -- Italians can be as
pusillanimous as any people.

The fact was the "Italian nation" was still in formation at the time
of WW2. The federation of City States that were united only after
Napoleon (A Frenchman, no less) completely reset the political
organization of the peninsula.

Italian nationalists pushed for unification all through the 19th
century, but what appeal this had for the common Italian is lost. All
we have are individual recollections, and those Immigrant Italians I
have known are very clear that they are from Naples or Sicily or
Calabria.

While Mussolini had grand fascist visions of restoration of the Roman
Empire, apparently -- in most cases -- his enlistees did not share his
grand vision, and fought with less than alacrity.

This does not mean Italians are "Unsuited for war." All men (in the
generic sense) are unsuited for war. What makes them suited is some
combination of impulse, desire, conviction, training, and purpose.

Provide that, and you can lead Frenchmen to Moscow.

Dan

Old March 5th 08, 04:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message

True, the Italians were pathetically clumsy in WWII. It's interesting to
note that despite this performance there are few in America who make
"Italian jokes" the way we poke fun at the French.

Perhaps because the Italians don't have the arrogance of the French.

Old March 5th 08, 05:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Which part of "America?" Iowa? Iowa City? Where?

Those of us from New York (that's that big city on the East Coast
that's still part of America) have heard jokes made about and told on
every race, creed, color, and shape of mankind.

Allow me to rephrase that, please. Although there are jokes about EVERY
ethnic group, the types of jokes we hear about Italians (and just about
everyone else) are far different in tone from those told about the French.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA