Way off topic, but it has do to with the French

Old February 27th 08, 08:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Default Way off topic, but it has do to with rednecks

"Jay Honeck" wrote in

Now, of course, you can argue that success took too long, and cost too
many lives, and we shouldn't have invaded, and any of a hundred other
postulations -- but the bottom line is this: At this point we need a
stable, peaceful, Iraq, allied with us against AQ and radical Islam.
Gen. Petraeus and the U.S. Army is making that happen, and -- although
it's still a tenuous situation -- it's a beautiful thing to see, after
so much bloodshed and waste.

You're an idiot.

Bertie
Old February 27th 08, 10:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Default Way off topic, but it has do to with the French upgraded to equal opportunity insulter

Tina wrote in news:2dc5ea2f-50ec-4ee9-9b57-
:

I lifted the quotation from this rant: may as well keep it in context.

EUROPEAN TERRORIST PREPARATIONS:

The English are feeling the pinch in relation to recent terrorist
threats and have raised their security level from "Miffed" to
"Peeved." Soon, though, security levels may be raised yet again to
"Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross." Londoners have not been "A Bit
Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies all but ran out.

Terrorists have been re-categorized from "Tiresome" to a "Bloody
Nuisance." The last time the British issued a "Bloody Nuisance"
warning level was during the great fire of 1666.

Also, the French government announced yesterday that it has raised its
terror alert level from "Run" to "Hide." The only two higher levels in
France are "Surrender" and "Collaborate." The rise was precipitated by
a recent fire that destroyed France's white flag factory, effectively

paralysing the country's military capability.

It's not only the English and French that are on a heightened level of
alert. Italy has increased the alert level from "Shout Loudly and
Excitedly" to "Elaborate Military Posturing." Two more levels remain:
"Ineffective Combat Operations" and "Change Sides."

The Germans also increased their alert state from "Disdainful
Arrogance" to "Dress in Uniform and Sing Marching Songs." They also

have two higher levels: "Invade a Neighbour" and "Lose."

Belgians, on the other hand, are all on holiday as usual, and the only
threat they are worried about is NATO pulling out of Brussels.

The Spanish are all excited to see their new submarines ready to
deploy. These beautifully designed subs have glass bottoms so the new
Spanish navy can get a really good look at the old Spanish navy.

=

Oh yeah, much better.

Bertie
Old February 27th 08, 10:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
LWG

Funny, I haven't heard of the government putting people through industrial
shredders lately. Nor have I heard of sports teams being forced to crawl
across broken bottles because they lost. Haven't heard about
government-sponsored rape rooms, either. If you cannot appreciate the
enormous progress we have made so far, I suggest you become better informed.
Baghdad is safer than the closest major metropolitan area to where I live.

The problem with our country is exemplified by your attitude. We no longer
value freedom, ours or any one else's. Because we don't value it, there is
nothing we are willing to sacrifice. From the days of Kennedy's vow to
"bear any burden, pay any price" we have devolved to ignoring -- or wanting
to ignore -- the rest of the world. And we still represent the best the
world has to offer. Nobody but Canada, England or the Dutch have any
willingness to lift a finger to help us or anyone else.

Most people do not want freedom, all they seek is a benevolent master. Our
country was the all-too-brief exception.

In other words, if things keep "improving", Iraq may someday get back
to levels of pre-invasion days. As far as the "increasingly happy"
Iraqi citizens, I'm not sure if that means last year they were 10%
happy and this year they are 15% happy? Please explain. Do you
really think I need and want the sense of law and order that normal
Iraqis currently possess?

Old February 28th 08, 03:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

I guess we can just look at your last sentence: You see beauty. I'm
afraid more than a few of us see bloodshed and waste.

I see a goal that is within reach.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Old February 28th 08, 04:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in news:j9qxj.53146$yE1.41114
@attbi_s21:

I guess we can just look at your last sentence: You see beauty. I'm
afraid more than a few of us see bloodshed and waste.

I see a goal that is within reach.

Of course you do!

Bertie
Old February 28th 08, 09:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
tim

Increasingly hard to argue against those points except on one: Hussein was
a bully, and with regard to Afghanistan, most Americans don't view
themselves as "bullying" Al Qaeda anymore than they viewed themselves as
fighting WWII "bullying" after Pearl Harbor. They attacked us.

Who in Afghanistan attacked you?

What was the nationality of those involved in 9/11?
Old February 28th 08, 09:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
WingFlaps

On Feb 28, 4:36*am, "Jay Honeck" wrote:

Now, of course, you can argue that success took too long, and cost too many
lives, and we shouldn't have invaded, and any of a hundred other
postulations -- but the bottom line is this: *At this point we need a
stable, peaceful, Iraq, allied with us against AQ and radical Islam. *

Sounds a bit like the Iraq that existed before the US told Saddam it
was OK to bring Kuwait back into greater Iraq doncha think?

Cheers
Old February 28th 08, 02:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder[_2_]

tim wrote:
Increasingly hard to argue against those points except on one: Hussein was
a bully, and with regard to Afghanistan, most Americans don't view
themselves as "bullying" Al Qaeda anymore than they viewed themselves as
fighting WWII "bullying" after Pearl Harbor. They attacked us.

Who in Afghanistan attacked you?

What was the nationality of those involved in 9/11?

It was very clear at the time that the masterminds behind the 9/11
attacks were in Afghanistan. It was also clear that AQ was training in
Afghanistan. Hell, the Afghanistan government didn't even deny it.

We told them very clearly that they either turn those responsible over
or we would come in and get them. They basically said, "bring it" so we did.

Did we get all of them? No. But we did pretty well. And last time I
checked there hasn't been a terrorist attack on US soil since.
Old February 28th 08, 02:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder[_2_]

WingFlaps wrote:

Sounds a bit like the Iraq that existed before the US told Saddam it
was OK to bring Kuwait back into greater Iraq doncha think?

Cheers

Bull$hit myth.

In late July 1990, as negotiations between Iraq and Kuwait stalled, Iraq
massed troops on Kuwait’s borders and summoned American Ambassador April
Glaspie to an unanticipated meeting with Iraqi President Saddam Hussein.
Two transcripts of that meeting have been produced, both of them
controversial. In them, Saddam outlined his grievances against Kuwait,
while promising that he would not invade Kuwait before one more round of
negotiations. In the version published by The New York Times on
September 23, 1990, Glaspie expressed concern over the troop buildup to
Saddam Hussein:

"We have no opinion on the Arab-Arab conflicts, like your border
disagreement with Kuwait. I was in the American Embassy in Kuwait during
the late ’60s. The instruction we had during this period was that we
should express no opinion on this issue and that the issue is not
associated with America. James Baker has directed our official spokesmen
to emphasize this instruction. We hope you can solve this problem using
any suitable methods via [Chadli] Klibi [then Arab League General
Secretary] or via President Mubarak. All that we hope is that these
issues are solved quickly. With regard to all of this, can I ask you to
see how the issue appears to us?

"My assessment after 25 years' service in this area is that your
objective must have strong backing from your Arab brothers. I now speak
of oil. But you, Mr. President, have fought through a horrific and
painful war. Frankly, we can see only that you have deployed massive
troops in the south. Normally that would not be any of our business. But
when this happens in the context of what you said on your national day,
then when we read the details in the two letters of the Foreign
Minister, then when we see the Iraqi point of view that the measures
taken by the U.A.E. and Kuwait is, in the final analysis, parallel to
military aggression against Iraq, then it would be reasonable for me to
be concerned. And for this reason, I received an instruction to ask you,
in the spirit of friendship -- not in the spirit of confrontation --
regarding your intentions.

"I simply describe the position of my Government. And I do not mean that
the situation is a simple situation. But our concern is a simple one."