Way off topic, but it has do to with the French

Old February 29th 08, 12:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
LWG

Default Way off topic, but it has do to with rednecks

Please pay attention. The last two *were* reported to be mentally
handicapped women unaware of what they were doing.

You need to
try to understand that these are passionate believers in their cause.
No more or less. The suicide bombers are not mentally handicapped and
their goal is to enact retribution against their enemy. Wouldn't the
US call them freedom fighters if they were were working for your
nterests? Did you know that your #1 enemy was a US sponsored "freedom
fighter" before he was cut off and left out to dry? That might have
made him realize something don't you think?

Old February 29th 08, 12:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

LWG wrote:
That's a possibility, but I don't see it that way. Your hypothesis suggests
that there is a master strategy on the part of the adversary. I think that
since 9/11 we have effectively neutralized OBL. We don't have his scalp,
but his C&C has been destroyed.

Did the attacks in Spain galvanize the people against Radislam? Did the 7/7
attacks unite the British people in support of Blair? Which countries in
Europe are truly helping us in the fight against Radislam?

I think they would have done as much to us as they possibly could. The
bipartisan agreement between the D's and R's after 9/11 lasted a few months.
What did they have to lose by attacking again? My thesis is that Radislam
views us as weak, cowardly and vulnerable. An attack -- any attack -- would
have supported their view.

One thing I've always found interesting when someone puts out the "we
haven't been attacked since" card is that no one in the national media to
my knowledge anyway, has even come close to suggesting something so basic
to common sense that it defies explanation.

Anyone with half a strategic brain has to at least consider the fact that
the reason could very well be that they don't WANT to attack us again...at
least not yet.

You could be right. I could be right. Who really knows? History will no
doubt sort this thing out for all of us.

--
Dudley Henriques
Old February 29th 08, 12:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
LWG

Except that they lost the news cycle. Iraq is not the divisive issue it was
18 months ago.

L'audace, toujours l'audace.

To me, the terrorist strategy is glaringly apparent. You first split the
country, then you let it destroy itself from within. You sit back and
watch. It's the old divide and conquer all over again, only this time it
smells of camel crap :-)

Old February 29th 08, 12:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

LWG wrote:
Except that they lost the news cycle. Iraq is not the divisive issue it was
18 months ago.

L'audace, toujours l'audace.

To me, the terrorist strategy is glaringly apparent. You first split the
country, then you let it destroy itself from within. You sit back and
watch. It's the old divide and conquer all over again, only this time it
smells of camel crap :-)

Oh I don't know. Just in our family we have division. It's not just the
war that was affected. It's the whole liberal/conservative thing :-))

--
Dudley Henriques
Old February 29th 08, 12:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
WingFlaps

On Feb 29, 1:10*pm, "LWG" wrote:
Please pay attention. *The last two *were* reported to be mentally
handicapped women unaware of what they were doing.

See the word "reported". Now try to stop looking foolish:

"BAGHDAD, Feb 21 (Reuters) - The U.S. military conceded on Thursday it
did not know if two women who carried out bombings in Baghdad that
killed almost 100 people were mentally handicapped, casting doubt on
earlier assertions."

Do you really want to be a sucker who can be manipulated? No? Then
engage your brain and _try_ to recognize the spin you are being fed
all day.

Cheers
Old February 29th 08, 12:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
WingFlaps

On Feb 29, 10:08*am, "Jay Honeck" wrote:
Jay, your thinking illustrates why such problems exist. You need to
try to understand that these are passionate believers in their cause.
No more or less. The suicide bombers are not mentally handicapped and
their goal is to enact retribution against their enemy.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6889106/

If strapping explosives to kids with Down's Syndrome isn't sick, I don't
know what is.

What is sad that you so readily believe such a (unsubstantiated)
story.

Cheers
Old February 29th 08, 01:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Phil J

Default Way off topic, but it has do to with the French

On Feb 28, 3:29*pm, "Steven P. McNicoll"
wrote:
"Phil J" wrote in message

Definitely, not every weapon they had was superior. *But their
combination of fast motorized infantry supported with armor and dive-
bombers and their Blitzkrieg tactics made them pretty hard to beat.
Their fighter aircraft weren't too shabby either, especially the
FW-190.

The Blitzkrieg days were long gone by the time the Fw 190 appeared on the
scene.

You're right. I was thinking it was introduced earlier, but it didn't
come along till 1941.

One of the more surprising (to me) pieces of technology developed by
the Germans was the radio-controlled glide bomb used against
shipping. They were dropped from a bomber and flown into the target
by radio control. They also had radar-guided glide bombs, and near
the end of the war they were even working on a television-guided bomb,
but it was not perfected.

They weren't a factor in the war, but I think some of the most amazing
stuff designed in World War II was the asymmetrical aircraft by Blohm
and Voss. Definitely "outside of the box" thinking.

Phil
Old February 29th 08, 03:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

So in my very humble opinion, everything seems to suggest that
disengaging from the region will have no negative affects on our
security (except oil I suppose)

Wow, you say that like oil isn't the driving force behind the world economy.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old February 29th 08, 03:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Two into the WTC.
One into the Pentagon.

Why not the White House, and Congress?

Don't forget the plane that was brought down by the passengers. That one
was supposedly aimed at the Washington, possibly the White House.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old February 29th 08, 03:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Default Way off topic, but it has do to with the French upgraded to equal opportunity insulter

The Spanish are all excited to see their new submarines ready to
deploy. These beautifully designed subs have glass bottoms so the new
Spanish navy can get a really good look at the old Spanish navy.

The old sailors in my workgroup here are roaring.

Same here.

My son has decided that he probably shouldn't tell that joke when he visits
Spain next month...

;-)
--
Jay Honeck