GB 20080908 C130 near Wyke Champflower Somerset 1

Old September 8th 08, 06:26 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Graham Harrison[_2_]

Default GB 20080908 C130 near Wyke Champflower Somerset 1

I was waiting for a train when this happened along. Glastonbury Tor just
visible to the right and below.

Question - what is it? Yes, I know it's a C130 but the ones we get around
here doing low level runs are usually camouflaged and I don't think this one
is. Furthermore, if you look at the 4th image in the run it seems to have
blisters on the rear fuselage which I don't think I've seen before. Of
course, image 4 could be a different aircraft.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GB 20080908 C130 near Wkye Champflower Somerset 1.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	28824
Old September 8th 08, 08:41 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
D. St-Sanvain

Hello,

Graham Harrison a écrit dans :
Question - what is it? Yes, I know it's a C130 but the ones we get around
here doing low level runs are usually camouflaged and I don't think this one
is. Furthermore, if you look at the 4th image in the run it seems to have
blisters on the rear fuselage which I don't think I've seen before. Of
course, image 4 could be a different aircraft.

They are infra-red counter measures systems. Usually used on Special
Ops aircraft. Some are all grey, or all green.

RNZAF C130 Glenn[_2_] Aviation Photos 5 May 12th 08 06:41 AM
NZ_USAF C130 ICE Ducky[_3_] Aviation Photos 4 December 17th 07 07:17 PM
C130 J Hercules up close Glenn Aviation Photos 0 November 8th 06 12:18 PM
Liyba C130 Ray Military Aviation 8 January 5th 04 09:35 PM
Replacement for C130? John Penta Military Aviation 24 September 29th 03 07:11 PM