Saw a B-24 Yesterday

Old May 19th 04, 04:37 AM
Jdf4cheval

Default Saw a B-24 Yesterday

I was talking with a colleague in my office in Belmont, California yesterday,
when I a B-24 flew into view in my window, heading north towards SFO. "Jeez,
Jeff, it's a B-24!" I assume it's in the San Francisco area for an airshow.
Anyone know anything more?
Old May 19th 04, 05:37 AM
Guy Alcala

Jdf4cheval wrote:

I was talking with a colleague in my office in Belmont, California yesterday,
when I a B-24 flew into view in my window, heading north towards SFO. "Jeez,
Jeff, it's a B-24!" I assume it's in the San Francisco area for an airshow.
Anyone know anything more?

See current thread "An Interesting experience". Undoubtedly tit was the Collings
Foundation B-24. If anyone wishes to get a ride on either their B-17 or B-24,
their website where you can see if they'll be in your neck of the woods and make
reservations is at:

http://www.collingsfoundation.org/menu.htm

Considered burning $365 dollars (last year) on a ride, but they were already
fully reserved when I showed up at Moffett. However, they'll be at the Nut Tree
for a couple of days, then at McClellan for a couple more. I'd recommend making
reservations in advance so as not to be disappointed. One thing that was very
noticeable about the two when they started up, taxied and took off, was how much
smoother and quieter the B-24's P&W R-1830s were compared to the B-17's Wright
R-1820s.

Guy