"Vanishing American Air Superiority"

Old March 20th 10, 11:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military.naval
Jim Wilkins

Default "Vanishing American Air Superiority"

On Mar 20, 6:17*pm, Jack Linthicum

It's "burn before reading" for the important stuff

The one I disliked was "Burn While Reading".

jsw
Old March 21st 10, 12:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military.naval
BlackBeard

On Mar 20, 4:54*pm, Jim Wilkins wrote:
On Mar 20, 6:17*pm, Jack Linthicum

It's "burn before reading" for the important stuff

The one I disliked was "Burn While Reading".

jsw

I hated the "Shred, Ingest, Burn."

BB
Old March 21st 10, 01:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military.naval
Jim Wilkins

On Mar 20, 8:30*pm, BlackBeard wrote:
On Mar 20, 4:54*pm, Jim Wilkins wrote:

On Mar 20, 6:17*pm, Jack Linthicum

It's "burn before reading" for the important stuff

The one I disliked was "Burn While Reading".

jsw

I hated the "Shred, Ingest, Burn."

BB

http://michaelscomments.wordpress.co...-chili-recipe/

jsw
Old March 21st 10, 01:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military.naval
Andrew Swallow

William Black wrote:
Alexander wrote:

Well now given that Hitler denounced Hess on German radio BEFORE
Hess had chance to meet anyone this seems an odd conclusion.

You have your dates wrong. Hitler denounced Hess after the betrayal by
Churchill.

Hitler gave orders to shoot Hess down before he left German air space.

There is no way Hess would have traveled to Scotland without
an invitation by Churchill and the express wishes of the Nazi party.

Do you have any proof of any of this nonsense?

There should be some documentation somewhere and I very much doubt that
file would still be secret.

Churchill never wavered in his opposition to the Nazis, change your
medication
there's a good chap.

Churchill had only been in office for a few weeks when Hess flew over.
A big loss does not make a new leader's job secure. Hess may have been
trying to conspire with Churchill's rivals - Chamberlain (more
appeasement) or Lord Halifax (negotiated settlement). Either being
in power would have made it easier for Germany to attack the USSR.

Andrew Swallow
Old March 21st 10, 01:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military.naval
Andrew Swallow

Dan wrote:
{snip}

Do try to read for comprehension. If he had been accepted for
pathfinder navigation he would have been promoted to sergeant. If he had
then been sent back to ground ops as a corporal he must have been
washed out of school.

As to why you'd want a sergeant rather than corporal for debriefing
let me give you a modern analogy in the USAF. Debriefing air crews,
while supposed to be done by checklist, required experience on the part
of the debrief personnel. The USAF prefers 7 levels (think technician)
which requires the rank of staff sergeant (E-5). There's no such thing
as an E-4 7 level. Does this mean they don't use 5 levels to debrief?
No, but they aren't about to assign those with limited experience.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

If basically you are debriefed by someone of your own rank, what rank
were the tail gunners?

Andrew Swallow
Old March 21st 10, 02:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military.naval
Dan[_12_]

Andrew Swallow wrote:
Dan wrote:
[...]

I never said one was debriefed by someone of the same rank. Debrief
has to be done by someone who knows the systems, in the case of
maintenance, and someone who knows the mission, in the case of
operations. Even with checklists there may be questions that need to be
asked. In your tail gunner case wouldn't it be nice to have someone who
understands the equipment get the word straight from the man who
discovered a problem? If not, why not simply have a paper pusher do debrief?

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old March 21st 10, 03:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military.naval
Steve Hix[_2_]

In article
,
BlackBeard wrote:

On Mar 20, 4:54*pm, Jim Wilkins wrote:
On Mar 20, 6:17*pm, Jack Linthicum

It's "burn before reading" for the important stuff

The one I disliked was "Burn While Reading".

jsw

I hated the "Shred, Ingest, Burn."

BB

After which Rolaids only helped so much.
Old March 21st 10, 03:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military.naval
Dan[_12_]

Steve Hix wrote:
In article
,
BlackBeard wrote:

On Mar 20, 4:54 pm, Jim Wilkins wrote:
On Mar 20, 6:17 pm, Jack Linthicum

It's "burn before reading" for the important stuff
The one I disliked was "Burn While Reading".

jsw

I hated the "Shred, Ingest, Burn."

BB

After which Rolaids only helped so much.

"These are your secret orders on where you are to go. Do not open
them until you get there.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old March 21st 10, 04:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military.naval
Ken S. Tucker

On Mar 20, 3:20 pm, William Black wrote:
Jack Linthicum wrote:
On Mar 20, 5:53 pm, "Ken S. Tucker" wrote:
On Mar 20, 12:04 pm, William Black
wrote:

Ken S. Tucker wrote:
On Mar 20, 10:21 am, William Black
wrote:
It's not an acronym, it's a code word.
Well I missed that memo.
You're not kidding.
It's a habit, learning to not read unimportant junk, you know.

After 2-3 years he wrote a stack of reports that would fill a filing
cabinet, probably still classified.
Oh no they won't be.
In canuckistan it's secret or once declassified it's burned, didn't
you
get the memo.
********.
It's filed away and released when of no interest to anyone but historians.
Nope, contrary to what Mr. Chaplin reports, it's burn after reading.
only the low level crap is available for his daddy, thoughts clear.
He don't know spooks, I'll provide a hint, from this link,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camp_X

"Records pertaining to Camp X were either locked away under the
Official Secrets Act
or destroyed after World War II."

"locked away" or "destroyed", what does that mean?

Many commanders in chief weren't given ULTRA access.
Old Boy told me he was a corporal,
So he didn't actually have any access at all.
I presume said personel were ordered to provide full
cooperation, so he wouldn't need to give a rat's ass about ULTRA,
except how effective it was, to feedback into the chain of command,
his duties in that respect were more than clerical.
You mean he was an intelligence clerk.
That's close but not quite, he had girl's, booze and cigs to relax the
men in order to report what they learned

RCAF trained him for a year in Pathfinder Navigation prior to making
him a de-briefer
Not a chance.
Aircrew were all promoted to sergeant on selection.
Why would ya need to be sergeant for de-briefing?
Ya don't understood the de-briefer rank.

, and navigation involves a lot of secret stuff, so he
likely ended up knowing more about ULTRA than ULTRA did,
Take it from me, anyone selected for aircrew training wouldn't have
been allowed within a mile of ULTRA
where
results are concerned, and then write a synopsis for strategists,
based on de-briefing from fielded and experienced personel.
Corporals don't.
Well I guess them guys choose Corporal rank as it is a confidential,
nobody would tell an a officer squat, cuz they will rat ya out,
whereas a Corporal won't, SOP.

Barges are ultra cheap, especially when they're empty.
And so easy to sink, especially at night.
But look at what you're risking, to sink a cheap barge.
Barges son, barges...
Now look up how good the Germans were at sinking ships with bombs at
that date.
As good or better than anyone.
Nope.
They had some real problems sinking anything. They could hit some stuff
standing still, but at Dunkirk, bombing stationary ships, their
performance was dreadful.
Well the Nazi's didn't expect the Brit's to run away so fast, so they
weren't prepared for that contingency, is that what you mean?

You don't know what the Military Canal is do you?
Mr. Black
Well we had lakefront property on Lk Ontario, the Englosh Channel is
what
the girls liked to swim across too.
The Military Canal is not the Channel.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Military_Canal
It's not getting into it, it's getting out.
Mr. Black
Yup.
Ken

It's "burn before reading" for the important stuff

The whole 'Camp X' and 'William Stephenson' pages on Wikipedia are full
of ghastly errors.

Stuff like Churchill being an opposition MP in 1936 and SOE being part
of MI-6.

It reads like a bad novel.

No guff, "permanently bound to secrecy", the Old Boy was very
quiet when we visited Camp X. We'd visit veterans grave yards too,
it's hardly stories that you share with children.
I can say I felt it was important to be respectful.
Ken
Old March 21st 10, 04:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military.naval
Ken S. Tucker

On Mar 20, 3:41 pm, Dan wrote:
Ken S. Tucker wrote:
On Mar 20, 12:04 pm, William Black
wrote:

snip

RCAF trained him for a year in Pathfinder Navigation prior to making him a de-briefer
Not a chance.
Aircrew were all promoted to sergeant on selection.

Why would ya need to be sergeant for de-briefing?
Ya don't understood the de-briefer rank.

Do try to read for comprehension. If he had been accepted for
pathfinder navigation he would have been promoted to sergeant. If he had
then been sent back to ground ops as a corporal he must have been
washed out of school.
Dan

Generally I didn't ask Old Boy direct questions of that sort of
nature,
I was a passive ear, I could say things like, "I understand such &
such"
then if he wanted he'd fill in the blanks.
He said he didn't like being a Corporal cuz all his friends were
Privates,
so I doubt he would accept a promotion, (Corporals had to snitch).

As to why you'd want a sergeant rather than corporal for debriefing
let me give you a modern analogy in the USAF. Debriefing air crews,
while supposed to be done by checklist, required experience on the part
of the debrief personnel. The USAF prefers 7 levels (think technician)
which requires the rank of staff sergeant (E-5). There's no such thing
as an E-4 7 level. Does this mean they don't use 5 levels to debrief?
No, but they aren't about to assign those with limited experience.

I wrote a day or so ago, that a very important part of a de-briefer
was to
prepare a hardened combat veteran for civilian life, many fought
Me-109's
in Lanc's and firebombed cities. Old Boy explained that don't snap
fingers
or even drop a pencil, cuz they are jumpy, makes sense empathizing
with a fella who flew a 100 missions over Germany,
that's not quite natural for men to do.
It's important to get men relaxed and encourage them to be be
talkative,
was his thinking, that might be important.
I tried to explain, it wouldn't matter what his rank is, he was de-
briefing
EX-service personel, could even be a General, his business was to
treat
them as civilians, capishy?
Ken