1-26 1000K Attempt In Progress

Old April 19th 16, 05:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3[_2_]

Default 1-26 1000K Attempt In Progress

So, 5 hours later and Ron has about 240 miles under his belt. He's about to jump on Mahantango Mountain for the quick run down to the Susquehanna, then across and on to Tuscarora. The single toughest early transition is complete, but I'd guess he's a good 45 minutes behind schedule. The long run on Tuscarora should add about 5mph or more to the average. As long as he has better than 55mph by the time he gets to the Potomac, there's a chance. Now back to work...

P3
Old April 19th 16, 07:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

On Tuesday, April 19, 2016 at 5:25:13 AM UTC-7, Papa3 wrote:
If you listen carefully, you can hear the oil canning even now...
P3

And I thought it was an earthquake that woke me up.
What are the turnpoints? Not a double Burnt Cabins O/R?
Looks like Ron turned back on Mahantango at the Susquehanna. No tracks on Tuscarora yet.
May the Schwartz be with you...
Jim
Old April 19th 16, 08:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Pasker

there's a problem with the way the frame is embedded in the SSA site

here's a direct link:

http://ssa.glideport.aero/app/gp/map...=GlidePort:356

Old April 19th 16, 10:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

On Tuesday, April 19, 2016 at 3:43:56 PM UTC-4, Bob Pasker wrote:
there's a problem with the way the frame is embedded in the SSA site

here's a direct link:

http://ssa.glideport.aero/app/gp/map...=GlidePort:356

That's better, but when I try to log into the site I get:

Your connection is not secure

The owner of glideport.aero has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website.

Aaarrggg....
Old April 19th 16, 10:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Soartech

On Tuesday, April 19, 2016 at 5:09:09 PM UTC-4, Dave Nadler wrote:
On Tuesday, April 19, 2016 at 3:43:56 PM UTC-4, Bob Pasker wrote:
there's a problem with the way the frame is embedded in the SSA site

here's a direct link:

http://ssa.glideport.aero/app/gp/map...=GlidePort:356

That's better, but when I try to log into the site I get:

Your connection is not secure

The owner of glideport.aero has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website.

Aaarrggg....

Works on my Firefox browser.
Old April 19th 16, 10:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

On my Windows PC with Chrome, it was fine.
On my iPad with Safari, I had to do another step since it wouldn't run in a window.

Can't answer your issue. Sorry.
Old April 19th 16, 11:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

On Tuesday, April 19, 2016 at 5:36:21 PM UTC-4, Soartech wrote:

Works on my Firefox browser.

Check your security settings!
Old April 20th 16, 03:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Stephen Damon

Way to go Ron.

18yr old flies 1000k Ventus_a Soaring 8 December 15th 10 08:23 PM
How much water for a 1000K attempt? ttaylor at cc.usu.edu Soaring 16 August 11th 05 11:07 AM
1000k comp task Mel Dawson Soaring 0 July 5th 05 08:22 PM
Youngest 1000k...? Luke Roberts Soaring 4 March 26th 05 03:12 AM
1000K Questions Brian Iten Soaring 7 April 29th 04 02:05 PM