05 Seniors USA # 711 reporting

Old March 9th 05, 09:30 PM

Default 05 Seniors USA # 711 reporting

Practice Day task was a 2 turn TAT with a 02:30 Min Time. #12 which is
North of Seminole and #1, which is south of Seminole were the TP's with
a 15 and 20 mile radius. Lift was good with 2-3kt Averager climbs. BUT
the lift quit at 4:30. So if you weren't going home by then, it could
of been a problem. The practice day winner was K2, next EA, whos been
here practicing all winter, DJ was 3rd, DS then DB, J3 was 6th then EG,
2W, XX and #44 in the top ten. Myself and KS took off late, after the
start was open, others choose to play it short. Good day, enjoyed by
all. What I did see on Saturday were alot more hang gliders in the air,
which helped going North and South. Ok, now first race day, which
Charlie has posted, BUT I want all readers to know where its posted is
not his idea. Its on the only members area of the SSA web site. There's
going to be some ruffing on this, and maybe you sould start ruffing
some about it. Task called #18 North, with a 10 mile radius, and #6
South with a 15 mile radius. Today was blue with 2-3 kt climbs to over
4,000 agl. We, here in America, would like you to know we are learning
to fly in large gaggles, and we still have smiles on our faces. One
gaggle had a count of 29, then I lost my place. First turn went good,
after turning and heading south, it was a matter of what road yopu
choose. KS wins the day. ya, he flew really fast, and had a rider in
the back. The next day, the rider, told all of us how KS flys. He said
he flew even faster after the rider upchucked into a fruit bag, that
then broke a few minutes later. Yuck, yesterday we didn't fly and I
watched KS clean up the back seat. This is good. DJ, came in second, no
problem with his rider, 5U, 2w OE DUC, 711, 1MD RS and J3 made out the
top ten. Good climbs with glides in the mid 70's and a fruit bag,
that's all it takes to win at the Seniors.