two day Soaring Seminar - Pennsylvania

Old March 2nd 09, 04:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default two day Soaring Seminar - Pennsylvania

Doris and I are attending The Seniors contest in Florida and will
return to Ridge Soaring Gliderport shortly after mid-March.

Thanks to those of you who have signed up for the two day Soaring
Seminar March 28 – 29. We have decided to conduct the two day event,
even though attendance may be less than desired. We have outstanding
speakers who will specifically present information that will make you
a better pilot.

You can sign up on our web site www.eglider.org, or phone our office
at 814-355-2483.

Once again, we will offer parachute packing during the seminar, so
bring your parachute.

2009 SOARING SEMINAR

To sign up, go to our web site, http://www.eglider.org
Click on “Soaring Seminar.”

2009 Soaring Seminar
March 28 & 29
Innovation Park, Pennstater Convention Center
State College, Pennsylvania

Speakers
Tom Knauff Thermals & Thermaling
Mike Robison Maintaining your glider
Ward Hindman A meteorological system for planning glider flights
using thermals for the northeast USA
Michael Bird Evaluating flight logs
Mark Keene Competition flying
George Moffat "Making Good Pilots Better," aimed at the pilots with
50-500 hours who want to improve their techniques for contest flying,
longer XCs, OLC flights, etc.
Dianne Black What’s going on in the SSA/FAA
Kathy Martin FAA safety programs
Chris O’Callagan AOPA and growth of soaring
Mo Acee & Peter Smith Soaring Museum – A trip through the museum’s
archives.

Special Banquet speaker – all the way from England – the very popular
and very funny, Michael Bird.

Thanks
Tom Knauff