A Russian skydiver opens a backup canopy on his first jump

Old June 10th 04, 01:25 AM
HECTOP

Default A Russian skydiver opens a backup canopy on his first jump

The emergency: http://www.baltnet.ru/~dropzone/voyage/safe.avi

The lucky fellow after landing:
http://www.baltnet.ru/~dropzone/voyage/safe2.avi

Looks like he was just shot at at!

You ain't draggin' me upthere to jump from the sky with that stringed
napkin! :-))

HECTOP
A Certified Wuffo!
PP-ASEL-IA
http://www.maxho.com
maxho_at_maxho.com

Old June 10th 04, 03:41 AM
Maule Driver

Great stuff! Thought the jumper put on a pretty good macho imitation.

Give it a few months and it will be a great story. He'll be wondering why
he's embellishing it. Listeners will think he's nuts.

Old June 10th 04, 09:21 AM
eric hall

Just in case anyone hasn't jumped a round before.......from what I saw he
was right to deploy his reserve. The round reserve is designed to fly with
the main. There is no need to cut away as you do with a square.
Everyone should jump a round at least once... :-)

. com...

Old June 10th 04, 05:50 PM
Jay Honeck

The lucky fellow after landing:
http://www.baltnet.ru/~dropzone/voyage/safe2.avi

Won't play in Quicktime. I wonder why?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old June 10th 04, 06:04 PM
HECTOP

"Jay Honeck" wrote:
Won't play in Quicktime. I wonder why?

Try Windows Media Player, I'm on dial-up right now so can't download the
file to tell you the codec it's in.

HECTOP
PP-ASEL-IA
http://www.maxho.com
maxho_at_maxho.com

Old June 10th 04, 06:10 PM
Martin Hotze

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 16:50:17 GMT, Jay Honeck wrote:

http://www.baltnet.ru/~dropzone/voyage/safe2.avi

^^^^
Won't play in Quicktime. I wonder why?

big computer magic knowledge because it is a .avi file. /

find a player that can play your .avi files.
no, I don't know one, but google does.

#m

--
Martin!!! Maaaaartiiiin!!! Can you please flame this guy for me?
'HECTOP' in rec.aviation.piloting
Old June 10th 04, 09:33 PM
PeterD

HECTOP wrote:

"Jay Honeck" wrote:
Won't play in Quicktime. I wonder why?

Try Windows Media Player, I'm on dial-up right now so can't download the
file to tell you the codec it's in.

DivX. VLC plays it no problems.

--
Pd
Old June 10th 04, 09:52 PM
HECTOP

"PeterD" wrote:
DivX. VLC plays it no problems.

Yeah, then he won't be able to play it in Quicktime, just download DivX
codec from http://www.divx.com/divx and play it any other video player.

HECTOP
PP-ASEL-IA
http://www.maxho.com