Piper Seneca

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 19th 06, 01:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Piper Seneca

hi all!

This might be a silly question, but I am dreaming of owning, or co-owning a
Piper Seneca.
Not this year or next, but maybe within the next 10 years.

I have been browsing the aircraft for sale sites, and found planes from the
70's (Seneca II) selling for as low as $139K with about half time remaining
on the engines and props.

Anyone care to share the pro's and con's of the different models? (I-V)
Obviously, I will not be able to afford a V, so far, only the II's seem
accessible sort of.
Anything worth knowing about this model? Bad things?

Also, I understand maintenance will be about double of what I have now
(Arrow 180).
Any other traps to consider cost wise going for a twin?

Any other aircraft in the same price range that might be better choices?

I'm looking for a piston certified for Icing conditions.
I also want a twin, as I'll be flying over mountains and have nightmares
about engine out's in IMC and icing conditions over mountain terrain.....

Thanks for any hints,

Frode

Piper Seneca II vs Cessna 310 John Doe Owning 9 August 19th 05 01:33 PM
Piper Seneca III Announciator Panel Richardt Human Piloting 0 February 17th 05 06:30 PM
Piper Seneca, In Soo Piloting 1 December 30th 04 02:25 PM
Insuring a C310 vs. Piper Seneca Dave Owning 17 October 27th 04 03:29 PM
I am going to do it again! A Piper Seneca? Michelle P Owning 5 August 20th 03 01:59 AM