OUDIE

Old April 23rd 18, 05:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default OUDIE

My Oudie has gotten real sticky to hang onto, I have tried to sort of wash it in baking soda without much luck, any ideas?
GLEN
Old April 23rd 18, 07:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

On Monday, April 23, 2018 at 11:54:55 AM UTC-5, wrote:
My Oudie has gotten real sticky to hang onto, I have tried to sort of wash it in baking soda without much luck, any ideas?
GLEN

I had the same problem with my Oudie2, Paul Remde at Cumulus Soaring replaced the front bezel for me. The back is still a bit sticky & soft...

Must be some weird Chinese self-destroying plastic - how environmentally conscious of them!

Still works fine, so I've stopped worrying about it...

Kirk
66
Old April 23rd 18, 09:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS

On Monday, April 23, 2018 at 2:12:14 PM UTC-4, kirk.stant wrote:
On Monday, April 23, 2018 at 11:54:55 AM UTC-5, wrote:
My Oudie has gotten real sticky to hang onto, I have tried to sort of wash it in baking soda without much luck, any ideas?
GLEN

I had the same problem with my Oudie2, Paul Remde at Cumulus Soaring replaced the front bezel for me. The back is still a bit sticky & soft...

Must be some weird Chinese self-destroying plastic - how environmentally conscious of them!

Still works fine, so I've stopped worrying about it...

Kirk
66

It may be a reaction between the plastic and an ingredient of the sun-block lotion you are using! My wife managed to dissolve the top layer of pretty much all the buttons she regularly operated in her car after using a particular sun-block.

Uli
'AS'
Old April 24th 18, 04:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

It is the plastic self destructing.
It will only get worse.
I bought a new one and am happy again.
Old April 24th 18, 07:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Pete Startup[_2_]

https://b2b.naviter.com/cart/

No idea of postal rates to the US. Does Paul Rende stock these?

Old April 24th 18, 02:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Le lundi 23 avril 2018 12:54:55 UTC-4, a écritÂ*:
My Oudie has gotten real sticky to hang onto, I have tried to sort of wash it in baking soda without much luck, any ideas?
GLEN

Mine started to deteriorate after I used sreen cleaning fluid.
Maybe just a coincidence???
gilles
Old April 24th 18, 02:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

On Monday, April 23, 2018 at 3:40:04 PM UTC-5, AS wrote:

It may be a reaction between the plastic and an ingredient of the sun-block lotion you are using! My wife managed to dissolve the top layer of pretty much all the buttons she regularly operated in her car after using a particular sun-block.

Uli
'AS'

I don't normally use sunblock, so my theory is that it's planned obsolescence at work...

66
Old April 24th 18, 03:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Pfiffner[_2_]

On Monday, April 23, 2018 at 11:45:05 PM UTC-7, Pete Startup wrote:
https://b2b.naviter.com/cart/

No idea of postal rates to the US. Does Paul Rende stock these?

$63 shipping.

Craggy Aero has the Oudie 2 Lite in stock.

If your old Oudie has an unlimited license purchase an Oudie Lite $375

http://www.craggyaero.com/oudie.htm

Send me your old Oudie and I will transfer the unlimited license.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com
Old April 24th 18, 04:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Matt Herron Jr.

On Tuesday, April 24, 2018 at 6:21:04 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Le lundi 23 avril 2018 12:54:55 UTC-4, a écritÂ*:
My Oudie has gotten real sticky to hang onto, I have tried to sort of wash it in baking soda without much luck, any ideas?
GLEN

Mine started to deteriorate after I used sreen cleaning fluid.
Maybe just a coincidence???
gilles

Its not the plastic, its the soft touch paint they used.
Old April 24th 18, 04:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Why not ask Paul directly?Â* Or look at Cumulus Soaring.

On 4/24/2018 12:43 AM, Pete Startup wrote:
https://b2b.naviter.com/cart/

No idea of postal rates to the US. Does Paul Rende stock these?

Dan, 5J

Oudie IGC Hartley Falbaum[_2_] Soaring 2 December 19th 16 12:25 AM
OUDIE [email protected] Soaring 31 November 5th 16 04:19 PM
Oudie 5.19 Bug Lauren Soaring 3 June 4th 14 06:57 PM
Oudie IGC Dave Springford Soaring 4 November 12th 13 09:52 PM
oudie Steve Hunt[_2_] Soaring 0 July 7th 11 08:58 AM