Oxygen Bottle

Old November 18th 11, 11:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Roger Fowler[_2_]

Default Oxygen Bottle

I am looking for a steel D size oxygen bottle for my Libelle. Does anyone
have one laying around they would be interested in selling?

If so, please contact me directly at

Thanks,
Roger

Old November 19th 11, 12:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Free Flight 107[_2_]

On Nov 18, 3:28*am, Roger Fowler wrote:
I am looking for a steel D size oxygen bottle for my Libelle. *Does anyone
have one laying around they would be interested in selling?

If so, please contact me directly at

Thanks,
Roger

Bite the bullet and get a new aluminum one, steel is heavy and harder
to put in & take out.
I have an old one with round bottom & well out of test you can have
for shipping costs, But would rather see you spend your money on a new
one from MH, Cumulus, or W&W whoever is clostest.

Wayne
Old November 19th 11, 09:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_5_]

On Fri, 18 Nov 2011 16:41:47 -0800, Free Flight 107 wrote:

On Nov 18, 3:28Â*am, Roger Fowler wrote:
I am looking for a steel D size oxygen bottle for my Libelle. Â*Does
anyone have one laying around they would be interested in selling?

If so, please contact me directly at

Thanks,
Roger

Bite the bullet and get a new aluminum one, steel is heavy and harder to
put in & take out.
I have an old one with round bottom & well out of test you can have for
shipping costs, But would rather see you spend your money on a new one
from MH, Cumulus, or W&W whoever is clostest.

The MH model KF-011 bottle, which has Kevlar wrapped alloy liner
construction, has a fitting available that clamps round the neck of the
bottle and screws onto the front of the cylinder support tube in the
Libelle. I can't remember, though, whether the fitting came from MH or
elsewhere. One of the following should know if MH don't:

Severn Valley Sailplane: http://www.svsp.co.uk/
Glasfaser: http://www.streifly.de/

I got my MH rig and the mounting fitting through Severn Valley
Sailplanes. Both they and Glasfazer are very helpful and easy to deal
with.

One thing to note: the KF-011 is around 30 mm less in diameter than the
fibreglass tube in the Libelle. I made up a plywood ring that can be
taped on the end of the cylinder to locate it centrally in the mounting
tube. Its simple: a 50mm wide sleeve formed from 1.5mm Orbit model-
building ply that sits inside a 3mm thick ply ring whose outer diameter
is a sliding fit in the mounting tube. It is merely two rings cut from
the 1.5mm ply, laminated to make a 6mm thik ring with white glue and then
glued round middle of the the sleeve. In use, the assembly is slipped
onto the end of the oxy cylinder and held in place with wing tape round
one edge of the cuff. This keeps things together while the cylinder is
slid into or out of the Libelle's cylinder holder.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK

O2 bottle needed Paul Natkiel Soaring 1 June 8th 19 12:57 AM
WTB: Oxygen bottle Jason Kramb Soaring 5 February 2nd 11 03:33 AM
oxygen bottle No Name Piloting 2 May 23rd 07 07:09 AM
Using European Oxygen Bottle in DG-1000? Where to buy? Jeremy Zawodny Soaring 3 September 20th 05 03:14 PM
DG-400 Oxygen Bottle Problems [email protected] Soaring 23 September 8th 05 10:43 PM