Nano 4 from Craigy Aero

Old April 26th 18, 05:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Waveguru

Default Nano 4 from Craigy Aero

I have purchased 2 Nano 4s from Craggy Aero and both of them have had serious problems. The first one developed a charging problem where it said it was fully charged, but it wasn't, and it would go dead during the flight, and the second Nano 4 has now had the screen go almost completely dark, rendering it almost useless. I sent the first one back to Richard and he said that the charging problem was a known issue, and fixed it by calibrating the charging and battery settings. I have gotten very little help with the dark screen issue, except for Dick saying "send it in", at my own expense, again, and I need it for our big contest weekend. Richard says I am the only one that has had problems with the Nano 4, but the charging issue was known by LX Nav. Has anyone else had problems with the Nano 4? Dick is no longer answering my texts and voicemails asking for help. He had a nice flight today tho...

Boggs
Old April 26th 18, 04:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Luke Szczepaniak

On Thursday, 26 April 2018 00:32:28 UTC-4, Waveguru wrote:
[...]

Check if auto brightness is set to on and if so turn it off. Set brightness to max - or whatever you like. Hope that works.

Luke Szczepaniak - 2W
Old April 27th 18, 02:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Waveguru

Thank you for the info. Richard also sent me to the screen display page, but how can I adjust the screen brightness when the screen is completely dark? It has come back up a couple of times but keeps returning to darkness. It's not the settings, the unit is going to have to be returned for replacement.
Old April 27th 18, 08:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

I'm just waiting for the weather display on them as was mentioned at the SSA Convention
Old April 28th 18, 04:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Waveguru

I am just barely able to turn it on and off at this point until I can send it back next week and I'm using it to record flights. Yesterday while flying the brightness ramped up for a minute and then ramped back down on it's own. All the brightness settings are on max brightness and the auto bright settings are off. It seems to have a mind of it's own at this point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qnd-hdmgfk

Boggs
Old April 30th 18, 01:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi,

Before you send it back, I recommend you verify that it is running the latest software. Connect it to a PC and run the NanoConfig program.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old April 30th 18, 04:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

To get the latest beta software you need need to download it manually into the root directory. When it restarts - it will install. That is the version which includes the maps and thermal optimiser.