Oxygen - Rent a system?

Old April 1st 18, 09:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
CWJr

Default Oxygen - Rent a system?

I need an O2 system for one week, and really don't want to have to purchase if one could be rented. Anyone know of such? I've seen medical supply houses that rent O2 bottle-reg-cannula system for a week. But from what I've seen, the regulator is only rated to 10,000 MSL, so no good for flying.
Old April 1st 18, 09:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Depending on where you are going, maybe they either have rentals, or, have a local place for rentals.
I am thinking some wave camps here and there that do this on a regular basis.
Old April 1st 18, 09:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

On Sunday, April 1, 2018 at 1:17:30 PM UTC-7, CWJr wrote:
I need an O2 system for one week, and really don't want to have to purchase if one could be rented. Anyone know of such? I've seen medical supply houses that rent O2 bottle-reg-cannula system for a week. But from what I've seen, the regulator is only rated to 10,000 MSL, so no good for flying.

Not much info here. Which country and location do you want to rent at? For what glider? Is it equipped to hold an oxygen cylinder? What size? Do you have experience with aviation oxygen systems (if none you really want more handholding than just trying to rent a system). What capability/technology do you want? EDS? You are best off having that information ready and contacting glider operations/FBOs in the area you want to fly.
Old April 1st 18, 10:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
CWJr

On Sunday, April 1, 2018 at 3:29:08 PM UTC-5, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
Depending on where you are going, maybe they either have rentals, or, have a local place for rentals.
I am thinking some wave camps here and there that do this on a regular basis.

Thanks Charlie, checked w/fbo when I flew there last year- no joy.
Old April 1st 18, 10:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
CWJr

On Sunday, April 1, 2018 at 3:42:26 PM UTC-5, Darryl Ramm wrote:
On Sunday, April 1, 2018 at 1:17:30 PM UTC-7, CWJr wrote:
I need an O2 system for one week, and really don't want to have to purchase if one could be rented. Anyone know of such? I've seen medical supply houses that rent O2 bottle-reg-cannula system for a week. But from what I've seen, the regulator is only rated to 10,000 MSL, so no good for flying.

Not much info here. Which country and location do you want to rent at? For what glider? Is it equipped to hold an oxygen cylinder? What size? Do you have experience with aviation oxygen systems (if none you really want more handholding than just trying to rent a system). What capability/technology do you want? EDS? You are best off having that information ready and contacting glider operations/FBOs in the area you want to fly.

Thanks, Darryl. Got most of that worked out. Now just need to find out if anyone rents, or if the only option is to purchase.

Old April 1st 18, 10:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Sorry I didn't help. I know some "wave camp" sites have a local arrangement.
Since we don't know where you are looking to fly, we can only guess.

Hey, good luck, hope you find a reasonable short term solution. Good luck for your flight. ;-)
Old April 1st 18, 11:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

On Sunday, April 1, 2018 at 2:29:23 PM UTC-7, CWJr wrote:
[...]

And again you will likely get much more useful help here if say where you need this...

Old April 1st 18, 11:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Cochrane[_3_]

The amount of installation required makes it pretty unlikely you will find a rental oxygen system for a private glider. Oxygen cylinder sizes are very glider specific. The most likely solution would be to buy a bottle that fits your glider and borrow an MH system from a buddy that isn't using it. If you really don't want to spend the money on a permanent system, the hang glider systems are portable. Or, just face the music and buy an MH system. They're great, and once you taste flying where oxygen is needed, you will be back. It also adds to the value of your glider.

John Cochrane
Old April 2nd 18, 12:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
CWJr

On Sunday, April 1, 2018 at 5:08:15 PM UTC-5, Darryl Ramm wrote:
[...]

Hi Darryl, thanks for your response.

Moriarty flying out of Sundance. The glider is an LS4. Was out there last year and although they have O2 in their rental gliders, they do not have O2 systems for rent.

Aerox oxygen system [email protected] Soaring 0 February 13th 18 08:04 PM
Oxygen system in ASW-27 ASG-29 [email protected] Soaring 15 September 2nd 15 09:08 PM
FS Twin Oxygen System NG Soaring 2 March 4th 14 01:07 AM
Need to borrow/rent EDS O2 system for SC Nats in Parowan Frank[_12_] Soaring 7 January 23rd 10 05:23 PM
PW-5 Oxygen System pedalermike Soaring 3 February 14th 08 04:56 AM