Short Wings Gliders

Old April 8th 09, 02:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nyal Williams[_2_]

Default Short Wings Gliders (26) 146

Minnow Class

At 12:49 08 April 2009, Neal Pfeiffer wrote:
How about
* the Grunau at 13.57 meters (OK shave 0.07 meters off if you must) or
* the Ka1 and Ka3 each at 10 meters or
* the Hütter 17 at 9.69 meters or
if you want to do have a helper in the back seat downloading the latest
info while you fly,
* the Schweizer SGU 2-22 at 13.11 meters.

It is interesting to note that the Grunau Baby was made in more numbers
than the total of all the gliders in the list below.

How about calling it the Maxi class?

David Smith wrote:
Add the Celstar GA-1 11.0m (South Africa)

At 01:00 03 February 2009, Dan Silent wrote:

At 20:52 02 February 2009, wrote:

On Feb 1, 4:00=A0am, Dan Silent wrote:

At 03:09 28 January 2009, RRK wrote:

How many gliders with a wing span of 13.5 or less do you know?

1 Apis-13 13.3
2 BG135
3 Carbon Dragon 13.4
4 Cessna CG-2 11.0
5 Cherokee II 12.2
6 Duster 13.1 m 13.1
7 H101 Salto
9 Monarch 12.8
10 Monerai S 11.0
11 MU xy
12 Pioneer II 13.0
13 PW-5 13.4
14 Russia
15 Schweizer 1-26 12.2
16 Silent 2 13.0
17 Silent 2 Targa 13.3
18 Silent Club 12.0
19 Slingaby Swallow
20 Sparrowhawk 11.0
21 SW-1 Swift
22 SZD-59 Acro 13.2
23 WindRose 12.7
24 Woodstock
25 Screamin' Weiner 11.0
26 Rigid Midget 11.6

possible names for the new class:

"US class"
"NON EUROPE class"
"20PCT class"
"DWARF class"
"WC class"
"TINS4WS class"

OTHER SUGGESTIONS???

Old April 8th 09, 08:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andreas Maurer

On 8 Apr 2009 11:45:02 GMT, David Smith
wrote:

Add the Celstar GA-1 11.0m (South Africa)

If you regard this as a glider, I could add a couple of motorgliders,
some of them not self-launching:

Messerschmitt Me-163
Bell X-1
Bell X-2
Douglas D-558 II
North American X-15

Old May 17th 09, 11:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected][_2_]

wrote:

Add the Celstar GA-1 11.0m (South Africa)

If you regard this as a glider, I could add a couple of motorgliders,
some of them not self-launching:

Messerschmitt Me-163
Bell X-1
Bell X-2
Douglas D-558 II
North American X-15

I see that Region 10 in Texas still has room for more entries. I was
wondering if there would be interest from those who own a short wing
gliders in flying in Texas in August. The weather should be very
good. It would be easy to score those under 13.5 meters as a sub
group in the sports class.

Bill Snead