Energy-absorbing foam for seats

Old March 23rd 05, 05:08 AM
ELIPPSE

Default Energy-absorbing foam for seats

I used EAR Specialties Confor foam in my plane's seats. I laminated the
three softest 1/2" plies behind my back with a lumbar piece, all four
1/2" ply grades under my legs, and five 1/2" plies under my butt; two
of the hardest, two of the next softer, and one of the next softest.
Even with a wallet in my back pocket there are no pressure points,
which on my five and six hour x-country flights is a real blessing!
Look on McMaster-Carr catalog page 3304, www.mcmaster.com. They get
hard when cold, but will soften and conform as your bod warms them up.
I highly recommend this foam for your seats if you do much
long-endurance flights. I think McMaster's prices are less than you'll
find in ACS. Several of us went together to buy them through the
factory to meet their minimum purchase amount. EAR also has a complete
line of sound-absorbing material for aircraft, and a booklet on their
use.

Old March 24th 05, 01:02 AM
Blueskies

"Richard Riley" wrote in message ...
On 22 Mar 2005 21:08:45 -0800, "ELIPPSE" wrote:

:I used EAR Specialties Confor foam in my plane's seats.
EAR also has a complete
:line of sound-absorbing material for aircraft, and a booklet on their
:use.

You'll get better prices than that at

BESTCO
19320 PRUITT DRIVE
TORRANCE,CA. 90503
310 214-8986
Fax: 310 214-8986

Tell her I sent you.

How much does this stuff weigh?

Old March 25th 05, 04:24 PM
BobR

ELIPPSE wrote:
[...]

Not only is McMaster-Carr a good source for the Confor foam, it is an
great source for the sound-absorbing material. I got a super light
weight sound absorbing foam for lining my interior from McMaster-Carr.
The stuff is self-extinquishing and gives off no toxic gases. I got a
roll of 1/8 inch and 1/4 inch which only weight a couple of pounds per
roll. Check them out and be prepared to take delivery when you order.
In most cases, my orders from McMaster-Carr were delivered within 24
hours of placing the order.

Old March 25th 05, 04:27 PM
BobR

Blueskies wrote:
"Richard Riley" wrote in message

On 22 Mar 2005 21:08:45 -0800, "ELIPPSE" wrote:

:I used EAR Specialties Confor foam in my plane's seats.
EAR also has a complete
:line of sound-absorbing material for aircraft, and a booklet on

their
:use.

You'll get better prices than that at

BESTCO
19320 PRUITT DRIVE
TORRANCE,CA. 90503
310 214-8986
Fax: 310 214-8986

Tell her I sent you.

How much does this stuff weigh?

It is slightly heavier than standard foams but not by much. The main
difference is in the comfort level and is the same material used in the
seats produced by OreganAero.

Old March 25th 05, 07:02 PM
LCT Paintball

In most cases, my orders from McMaster-Carr were delivered within 24
hours of placing the order.

Grainger is a company very much like McMaster-Carr, except they have a
warehouse about 20 miles from me. The closest McMaster-Carr is an 8 hour
drive. I nearly always get McMaster-Carr orders the next day, but Grainger
orders take 3.

Old April 8th 05, 02:42 PM
John

Bill Chernoff wrote:

BESTCO
19320 PRUITT DRIVE
TORRANCE,CA. 90503
310 214-8986
Fax: 310 214-8986

Tell her I sent you.

the fax number the same as the phone number?

Not unusual generally requires calling to tell your sending a fax and then
hanging up and sending it the called party knowing a fax is coming in
doesn't answer letting the fax machine answer it. Also if the main number
is a voice response number it can detect the fax tone and auto switch to
the fax machine, otherwise it gives it's voice menu and your select where
to go from there, which one choice could again be a fax machine.
John

Old April 8th 05, 10:43 PM
Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Bill Chernoff wrote:
BESTCO
19320 PRUITT DRIVE
TORRANCE,CA. 90503
310 214-8986
Fax: 310 214-8986

Tell her I sent you.

the fax number the same as the phone number?

I e-mailed them at " and requested a catalog.
They website is half a type written page. They promptly sent me a
catalog with samples.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Need Source for Slip-On Foam Yoke Grips Carl Orton Owning 6 February 28th 04 04:22 AM
blue foam & cutting it Richard Riley Home Built 6 November 24th 03 01:53 PM
Seat repairs mikem Owning 2 October 10th 03 09:25 PM
I wish I'd never got into this... Kevin Neave Soaring 32 September 19th 03 12:18 PM
blue foam, pink foam, yellow foam? Corrie Home Built 26 September 1st 03 05:01 PM