Plosi One

Old February 13th 07, 05:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gatt

Default Plosi One

wrote in message
oups.com...

I live here in the "Hole" and my plane is based at JAC. Unless you sat
here and watched the carnival everytime Dick comes home to roost you
would never believe how much money is spent. It will make you shake
your head in disbelief.

If I had my d'ruthers between a C-17 and the C-130, I think I'd ride in the
latter and have them leave room for me in the cockpit. (He's the VP, he can
do whatever he wants.)

If I'm ever the Speaker or VP, I'd want something modest and not tied to the
current fleet. Specifically, I want a B-17. And passengers? They don't
get to sit unless it's on the floor during takeoff and landing. They'll
stand for twelve hours like Grandpa did, and if they have to pee, that's
what the waist window is for. The nose would provide as suitable office.

For shorter trips I'd settle for a more economical B-25.

-c

Old February 14th 07, 02:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
C Booth

I have been watching this news group for sometime and finally need to
respond to this. Since when does the Idaho police from Hailey get
involved with security in Jackson, Wy.? Hello! This is about half of
the security and support staff, planes, etc. that accompany the
President. You should have witnessed the Clintons vist to Jackson.

C Booth
SEL/MEL Instrument

On Fri, 9 Feb 2007 16:47:37 -0800, "gatt"
wrote:

By way of comparison, since everybody's swingin' on "Plosi" for the very
thing:

http://www.mtexpress.com/2003/03-08-...8-06murphy.htm

For this last stop before going to his vacation home in Jackson, Wyo.,
Cheney required:

a.. The Air Force's largest transport, the four-jet C-17 Globemaster, to
cart two armored Cadillac limousines and three Secret Service SUVs.

b.. Two military Blackhawk helicopters for over-flight security and
surveillance.

c.. Two Air Force-operated twin-jet luxury Gulfstream jets.

d.. An estimated two dozen Secret Service agents, plus vice presidential
aides.

e.. Added security from the Idaho State Police, Blaine County Sheriff's
Office, and Bellevue, Hailey and Ketchum police departments stationed along
state Highway 75.
Counting a fund-raising stop in Salt Lake City that raised $300,000 and the
Bellevue reception that harvested another $175,000, the irony is that
government costs of this outing undoubtedly far exceeded contributions

Old February 14th 07, 09:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
JGalban[_18_]

C Booth wrote :
You should have witnessed the Clintons vist to Jackson.

I did. Several times. One of the more ridiculous sights was a
Marine CH-46 helicopter parked at West Yellowstone airport (I was
camped there). I thought it was Marine 1, the presidential transport,
since it had a spotless presidential paint job. It wasn't. After
hanging around with the crew for awhile, they showed me what they had
inside. A 42 ft. luxury RV.

The whole purpose of this venture was to provide a presidential photo
op. The president wanted to look like an average citizen, driving his
family through Yellowstone Park in an RV. Here's how it really
worked. The actual Marine 1 helo would fly the President and his
family from Jackson, to an undisclosed landing site in Yellowstone.
The Marine copter carrying the RV would fly to the same location to
meet them. Both helos unloaded their cargo and the President and his
family drove a couple of miles in the RV to where the press was
waiting. Big speech about the wonders of taking your family to a
National Park, then they drove a few miles back to the landing site and
loaded everything up. Marine 1 flew back to JAC and "RV 1" flew back to
WYS to await its next "mission".

I was disgusted, to say the least, that my tax dollars were being
spent on a sham like that. Fortunately, I'm a cynic and my
disappointment didn't last long. It's par for the course for
politicians of any stripe these days.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)

--
JGalban