glass tube fuses

Old July 21st 20, 01:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Roy B.

Default glass tube fuses

Does anybody know the correct nomenclature for the small size glass tube fuses that the manufacturers put in the panels of the newer gliders? I need to order a couple of 2A spare fuses and I am not sure what they call that physical size.
ROY
Old July 21st 20, 01:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

On Tuesday, July 21, 2020 at 8:22:46 AM UTC-4, Roy B. wrote:
Does anybody know the correct nomenclature for the small size glass tube fuses that the manufacturers put in the panels of the newer gliders? I need to order a couple of 2A spare fuses and I am not sure what they call that physical size.
ROY

There are a couple of different sizes in use, 3AG is most common. The fast way to replace is at the local auto parts store.

See also https://www.mcmaster.com/fuses

best,
T8
Old July 21st 20, 01:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

On Tuesday, July 21, 2020 at 8:27:32 AM UTC-4, Tango Eight wrote:
On Tuesday, July 21, 2020 at 8:22:46 AM UTC-4, Roy B. wrote:
Does anybody know the correct nomenclature for the small size glass tube fuses that the manufacturers put in the panels of the newer gliders? I need to order a couple of 2A spare fuses and I am not sure what they call that physical size.
ROY

There are a couple of different sizes in use, 3AG is most common. The fast way to replace is at the local auto parts store.

See also https://www.mcmaster.com/fuses

best,
T8

Read that again... European manufacturer probably using Euro size, not 3AG. But in any case, McMaster Carr describes them all.
Old July 21st 20, 01:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kinsell

On 7/21/20 6:29 AM, Tango Eight wrote:
On Tuesday, July 21, 2020 at 8:27:32 AM UTC-4, Tango Eight wrote:
On Tuesday, July 21, 2020 at 8:22:46 AM UTC-4, Roy B. wrote:
Does anybody know the correct nomenclature for the small size glass tube fuses that the manufacturers put in the panels of the newer gliders? I need to order a couple of 2A spare fuses and I am not sure what they call that physical size.
ROY

There are a couple of different sizes in use, 3AG is most common. The fast way to replace is at the local auto parts store.

See also https://www.mcmaster.com/fuses

best,
T8

Read that again... European manufacturer probably using Euro size, not 3AG. But in any case, McMaster Carr describes them all.

Mine are 5 mm diameter, 20 mm length, smaller than 3AG.
Old July 21st 20, 03:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
okko kloosterman[_2_]

European small glass tube fuses (mostly used in electronics) are
measured 5mmØ x 20mm or 6.3mmØ x 32mm , the first size being the most
common.
Okko (Netherlands)

Op 21-7-2020 om 14:49 schreef kinsell:
On 7/21/20 6:29 AM, Tango Eight wrote:
On Tuesday, July 21, 2020 at 8:27:32 AM UTC-4, Tango Eight wrote:
On Tuesday, July 21, 2020 at 8:22:46 AM UTC-4, Roy B. wrote:
Does anybody know the correct nomenclature for the small size glass
tube fuses that the manufacturers put in the panels of the newer
gliders? I need to orderÂ* a couple of 2A spare fuses and I am not
sure what they call that physical size.
ROY

There are a couple of different sizes in use, 3AG is most common.Â*
The fast way to replace is at the local auto parts store.

See also https://www.mcmaster.com/fuses

best,
T8

Read that again... European manufacturer probably using Euro size,
not 3AG.Â* But in any case, McMaster Carr describes them all.

Mine are 5 mm diameter, 20 mm length, smaller than 3AG.

Old July 21st 20, 03:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrzej Kobus

On Tuesday, July 21, 2020 at 8:22:46 AM UTC-4, Roy B. wrote:
Does anybody know the correct nomenclature for the small size glass tube fuses that the manufacturers put in the panels of the newer gliders? I need to order a couple of 2A spare fuses and I am not sure what they call that physical size.
ROY

Schleicher uses 5x20. Also it is important if they are slow blow or fast blow. Make sure you read the fine print.
Old July 21st 20, 03:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kinsell

Yet the "European" fuses sold by McMaster are 10 x 38 mm. Sounds like
the OP would be well advised to actually measure what he has.

Old July 21st 20, 03:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Andrzej Kobus wrote on 7/21/2020 7:24 AM:
On Tuesday, July 21, 2020 at 8:22:46 AM UTC-4, Roy B. wrote:
Does anybody know the correct nomenclature for the small size glass tube fuses that the manufacturers put in the panels of the newer gliders? I need to order a couple of 2A spare fuses and I am not sure what they call that physical size.
ROY

Schleicher uses 5x20. Also it is important if they are slow blow or fast blow. Make sure you read the fine print.

I know them as "DIN" fuses, but the package the 5 x 20 fuses came in says they are
"GMA type".

Fuses on the panel, or not SF Soaring 41 November 18th 16 10:41 PM
Searching for fuses [email protected] Soaring 14 August 26th 15 01:43 PM
Fuses in general Tuno Soaring 19 December 11th 08 07:45 PM
Bussman Fuses kevmor Piloting 10 May 25th 07 03:25 AM
Bussman Fuses kevmor Piloting 2 May 22nd 07 09:28 PM