Plosi One

Old February 9th 07, 09:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dallas

Default Plosi One

CNN reports that Nancy's B757 operating costs are $22,000.00 an hour.

Geez, I used to think $125 an hours was expensive.

--
Dallas
Old February 9th 07, 09:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

On Fri, 09 Feb 2007 21:00:20 GMT, Dallas
wrote in
:

CNN reports that Nancy's B757 operating costs are $22,000.00 an hour.

How many seats in a B757?

Old February 9th 07, 09:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gatt

CNN reports that Nancy's B757 operating costs are $22,000.00 an hour.

How many seats in a B757?

It's Pelosi, and what B757? Can somebody identify "Nancy's B757" or
demonstrate that she has ever used or even requested such at thing

Here's one of the reasons I'm no longer a Republican. They lie like
Democrats and then believe their own lies, and try to convince millions of
otherwise-thinking people to believe them too.

Even Tony Snow, on behalf of the White House, is telling them to STFU about
it. "This is a silly story, and I think it's been unfair to the
peaker." - Tony Snow.

"It's not a question of size, it's a question of distance. We want an
aircraft that can reach California." - Pelosi. "...I have said that I am
happy to ride commercial if the plane they have doesn't go coast to coast."

Dick Cheney flies to Jackson Hole in a C-17, doesn't he?

-c

Old February 9th 07, 10:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

On Feb 9, 1:37 pm, "gatt" wrote:
CNN reports that Nancy's B757 operating costs are $22,000.00 an hour.

How many seats in a B757?

It's Pelosi, and what B757? Can somebody identify "Nancy's B757" or
demonstrate that she has ever used or even requested such at thing

She did request it. She believed that the GulfStream Hastered had used
was too small. If you have a newspaper you'll find the story inside.
Congresspersons often get a large amount of their contributions by
wooing businesses during their trips back and forth to DC.

-Robert

Old February 9th 07, 10:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
John T

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message

CNN reports that Nancy's B757 operating costs are $22,000.00 an hour.

How many seats in a B757?

In this case, 42.

From Google:
"The C-32 she requested is about the size of a Boeing 757-200 and has
seating for 42 on it." "In its commercial configuration the 757-200 usually
seats 175-190 passengers."

--
John T
http://sage1solutions.com/blogs/TknoFlyer

Old February 9th 07, 10:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim B

I'm not a Pelosi supporter, but I'll say that the politicians with help from
the news media have turned this story on it's side. I've got several news
programs running here most of the time, including one on tv. It hasn't been
reported much in recent hours, but I've heard it several times that what was
requested was not an airplane, it was a LIST requested by a Pelosi staffer
of airplanes that the government could make available to her and her staff
which would be capable of making DC-CA non-stop. As Hastered's aircraft
wasn't capable of a non stop flight, they requested a list of aircraft that
could. On that LIST was a B757, as was a G5, and several other aircraft. I
suppose they could have listed a C5.

I'll be the first to admit how amazing it is that this fact has gotten lost
in the media coverage and the sniping. It was clearly reported several days
ago, but has not been lately. Again, I"m not supporting any of it, if it
were up to me, they could all drive home on a pogo stick or a seatless
unicycle.

Jim

Old February 9th 07, 10:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Michelle P

gatt wrote:
[...]

It is not Nancy's. It is the speaker of the house. Condie has one, as
does Dick. There are smaller airplanes, like learjets and Gulfstreams.
much cheaper to run than the 757.

CNN is going for the biggest bang for the buck and story.

Michelle
Old February 9th 07, 10:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

Dallas wrote:

CNN reports that Nancy's B757 operating costs are $22,000.00 an hour.

Geez, I used to think $125 an hours was expensive.

It's a lot cheaper when it is paid for with somebody else's money.

Matt
Old February 9th 07, 11:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
A Guy Called Tyketto

Old February 10th 07, 12:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

On Fri, 9 Feb 2007 17:24:36 -0500, "John T"
wrote in
:

"In its commercial configuration the 757-200 usually
seats 175-190 passengers."

Lets call it 180 seats.

Given the OP's assertion:

CNN reports that Nancy's B757 operating costs are $22,000.00 an
hour.

That works out to $122.22 per hour at what, 500 knots?