Wanted- SGS 2-33

Old June 22nd 05, 01:45 AM

Default Wanted- SGS 2-33

We are looking for a good 2-33, preferably in the midwest. If you know
of one, please contact me.

Thanks!

Kurt Strong

Old June 23rd 05, 12:47 AM

Not every operation has unlimited funds to buy a Duo Discus, or other
supership. What we need is a safe, strong, reliable ship that will
deliver a return on its investment, and keep us economically viable and
in operation. (Isn't that the first priority???) Is it the ship I
would choose to fly on a good XC day, or as a personal fun ship? Nope.
But, would I choose it to train beginning pilots, day in and day out,
while not breaking the bank? Yup. Thank you Schweizer.

Kurt Strong
Beloit, WI

Old June 23rd 05, 02:20 AM
JC

On 22 Jun 2005 17:56:42 -0700, "Kevin Christner"

Not every operation has unlimited funds to buy a Duo Discus, or other
supership. What we need is a safe, strong, reliable ship that will
deliver a return on its investment, and keep us economically viable and
in operation. (Isn't that the first priority???) Is it the ship I
would choose to fly on a good XC day, or as a personal fun ship? Nope.
But, would I choose it to train beginning pilots, day in and day out,
while not breaking the bank? Yup. Thank you Schweizer.

Kurt Strong
Beloit, WI

Or you could try a Ka7 for less money, yet better performance and
handling.

2c

But much worse visibility from the backseat.
Old June 23rd 05, 03:21 AM
Waz

Well as my good friend (and former Schweizer pilot) Jim Short reminds
me...no one has been killed (yet...knock on wood) in a 2-33. Ugly,
flies like a Chevy half-ton pick-up, cross controlled to thermal, can't
get a date in one, but indestructible...its the JEEP of the fleet.
Plus, what other glider can you get your dog airborne in????

Old June 23rd 05, 06:53 AM
Shawn

http://tinyurl.com/bgokd

Not every operation has unlimited funds to buy a Duo Discus, or other
supership. What we need is a safe, strong, reliable ship that will
deliver a return on its investment, and keep us economically viable and
in operation. (Isn't that the first priority???) Is it the ship I
would choose to fly on a good XC day, or as a personal fun ship? Nope.
But, would I choose it to train beginning pilots, day in and day out,
while not breaking the bank? Yup. Thank you Schweizer.

Want a Duo, need a 2-33. As I said, sounds reasonable.

BTW interesting discussion on Glider Forum "If you could help design a
trainer what would it be like?".

Shawn
Old June 26th 05, 08:59 PM
F.L. Whiteley

Myth.

There have been at least 7 fatalities in the 2-33, including multiples and
one purported suicide.

Frank

Things Wanted Cheap MRQB Piloting 1 March 19th 04 02:25 AM
Things wanted cheap MRQB Owning 0 March 18th 04 01:28 AM
Things Wanted Cheap MRQB Aviation Marketplace 0 March 17th 04 09:46 AM
WANTED: Lycoming IO-320 Matt S. Aviation Marketplace 0 September 22nd 03 05:11 PM
Conspiracy Theory’s real Script: Slave CIA, FBI change the story jews wanted to tell the media Jean-Paul Roy Restoration 0 July 12th 03 12:55 PM