Avgas in France has reached $7.50/gal !

Old April 23rd 05, 10:13 PM
Bob Noel

In article ,
"Chris" wrote:

No, there is a fundemental difference. The road tax on gasoline pays for
all the roads

are you claiming that, in the USA, the only source of funds to pay for
roads is
the tax on gas? In MA we have this excise tax which I thought paid for
part
of the road infrastructure.

A tax is a tax, it makes no difference what you call it.

the name of the tax was not what I questioned.

--
Bob Noel
looking for a sig the lawyers will like
Old April 23rd 05, 11:27 PM
Matt Barrow

"Dave Stadt" wrote in message

"Matt Barrow" wrote in message

"Morgans" wrote in message

"Dylan Smith" wrote in message
In article , Morgans wrote:
Good Lord help us all! I suppose they will be made with China

steel.
That
is the softest, inconsistent crap have ever seen, let alone all

the
other
made in China crap.

Unlikely - Diamond's planes are made of plastic!

OHMYGOD!! They'll sneak it through the metal detectors!! :~)

I know you are kidding, but I am sure there are some VERY important

steel
parts in the "plastic" airplane, too. ;-)

The relief tubes?

--
Matt
---------------------

This just in..........Chrysler (or whatever name they are going by now

days)
is openly discussing moving some manufacturing to China.

In their case, that would be an improvement.

Old April 23rd 05, 11:30 PM
Matt Barrow

"Matt Whiting" wrote in message
Mike Rapoport wrote:

"Wolfgang Schwanke" wrote in message

"Matt Barrow" wrote in
:

http://www.timbro.com/euvsusa/ (EU vs. USA) by a think tank in
Stockholm, Sweden Read particularly the summary at the bottom and some
of he charts comparing the various EU countries against the US.

Of course, the results of such surveys depend on the political leanings
of the authors. Authors who favour a neoliberal policy will come to
results that portray the US as better, so to encourage Europeans to
mimick American policies. Economics isn't a science, it's ideology to a
large extent.

Very true!

I think economics is relatively science based, but the interpretations
are often ideological. However, that is true with many fields.
Everything from physics to astronomy to geology to archeology.

It would be if you confuse/conflate the DATA and the INTERPRETATION and the
SUGGESTED ACTION.

Of course, for someone, or an entire culture, that is used to being led by
the nose (Europe and other statist cultures) by their media, schools,
priests, government, etc., it becomes a big problem.

Old April 23rd 05, 11:30 PM
Matt Barrow

Mike Rapoport wrote:

"Matt Barrow" wrote in message

"Mike Rapoport" wrote in message
thlink.net...

"Matt Barrow" wrote in message

"Mike Rapoport" wrote in message
news
Given that only a small percentage of Chineese are participating in

their

"new" economy, it will be a long time before this happens. Remember

that

Japan's economy stalled after they became (and remain) the richest

developed

nation on a per capita basis.

Even after their economy puked, what, 2/3rds of it's value?
--
Matt
---------------------

How are you arriving at that?

What was the NIKKEI at it's peak and bottom? It's now at 11,045 and

wasn't
it at around 40,000 at it's peak in 1990?

That is ridculous. Economies are not measured by stock market

valuations.
The GDP of Japan is larger now than ever before. How would you rate the

US
economy on that metric? The Nasdaq is down 61% from its high five years
ago.

Very true. Stock market valuations measure only the investing
communities optimitism or pessimism about future stock prices. :-)

Based on..... :~)

Old April 23rd 05, 11:39 PM
Dave Stadt

"Dave Stadt" wrote in message

"
This just in..........Chrysler (or whatever name they are going by now

days)
is openly discussing moving some manufacturing to China.

In their case, that would be an improvement.

Based on the quality problems Mercedes is having they might benefit from a
trip to China also.

Old April 23rd 05, 11:40 PM
Martin Hotze

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 15:30:40 -0700, Matt Barrow wrote:

Very true. Stock market valuations measure only the investing
communities optimitism or pessimism about future stock prices. :-)

Based on..... :~)

Please do me only ONE favour: TRIM YOUR POSTINGS! Please!
there is no need to quote _all_ the irrelevant text (but the text you are
referring to).

thanks again,

martin

follow up to poster (this means: no further discussions here, reply by mail
if there is a need to do so)

--
http://www.hotze.priv.at/album/aviation/caution.jpg
Old April 23rd 05, 11:43 PM
Chris

Trim please, as it's somewhat inefficient for us readers/lurkers trying to
keep up with these threads otherwise. Thanks :-)

wilco!

Old April 23rd 05, 11:51 PM
Chris

will come to
results that portray the US as better, so to encourage Europeans to
mimick American policies. Economics isn't a science, it's ideology to a
large extent.

Very true!

I think economics is relatively science based, but the interpretations
are often ideological. However, that is true with many fields.
Everything from physics to astronomy to geology to archeology.

It would be if you confuse/conflate the DATA and the INTERPRETATION and
the
SUGGESTED ACTION.

Of course, for someone, or an entire culture, that is used to being led by
the nose (Europe and other statist cultures) by their media, schools,
priests, government, etc., it becomes a big problem.

Sounds like the US this, Christian fundamentalists, the gun lobby, the
growing government, all trying to tell people how to live. Take the recent
Schiavo case. Fancy Congress coming in at the weekend to pass a law to
interfere like that.
Worthy of the communists/fascists. As for media you buy the side that suits
your views.

Old April 23rd 05, 11:58 PM
Matt Barrow

m...

"Dave Stadt" wrote in message

"
This just in..........Chrysler (or whatever name they are going by now

days)
is openly discussing moving some manufacturing to China.

In their case, that would be an improvement.

Based on the quality problems Mercedes is having they might benefit from a
trip to China also.

Didn't MB move a lot of their production to Alabama or some such place?

Old April 24th 05, 12:06 AM
Roger

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 07:55:04 -0700, "Matt Barrow"
wrote:

snip

I'd bet that Denver Intl (Frederico Pena's monument to himself) cost as much
as the rest of GA airports combined

Man, what a place! I arrived via road well before sunup to catch the
early flight home. It seemed like the drive went on for hours when I
saw a line of lights, a very long line, extending from right to left.
They were the toll gates into the parking lot. I don't know how many
gates, but I'd never seen that many. That parking lot probably has
square miles of concrete, or it sure seemed like it.

They have their own subway system and believe the signs when they tell
you to hang on. Those are to keep you from ending up in a pile at the
end of the car when it acellerates.

I've been into ORD many times but it doesn't seem near as big as DIA.

I wonder if they ever did get their multi-million dollar automated
baggage facility fully functional?

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

The
taxes on GA don't cover the services and facilities that GA uses

exclusively

I don't think that any of them were during the enroute phase of flight.

It doesn't say.

Soaring near Paris, France (Not Texas :-) [email protected] Soaring 17 November 13th 04 07:39 PM
News from France HECTOP Piloting 12 April 1st 04 01:16 AM
Russia joins France and Germany captain! Military Aviation 12 September 9th 03 09:56 AM
France Bans the Term 'E-Mail' bsh Military Aviation 38 July 26th 03 03:18 PM
"France downplays jet swap with Russia" Mike Military Aviation 8 July 21st 03 05:46 AM